🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
lp0618

North Shore (1987)

I couldn't find "North Shore" on the For Your Inconsideration forum, but I think it would be perfect for HDTGM! 80's surfing movie about a guy from the "main land" who must learn the ways of the natives to earn the respect of the locals and his lady. All the classic HDTGM elements. The full movie is on youtube, I will attach the link. Check it out, you will not be disappointed.

Trailer

Full Movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UK2W9dTksZI

Shoot, I thought this was going to be the pseudo-'O.C.' spinoff show that ran on Fox for a while. Oh my god was that show awful.

Hey, somebody nominated Hemlock Grove awhile back so TV can't be totally off limits, can it?

Spoiler Alert! Nothing really happens to the "hero" of this movie. He shows up to Hawaii with a surf board and a bag with no plan. He gets his bag stolen, but gets all his stuff back. For no reason at all the bad ass surfer takes him under his wing. And then he loses the final competition and just goes home.  Even though it goes no where, this movie went down pretty easy. The best part is his friend, "Turtle." He talks like he's a local, but clearly he's not from Hawaii. They have other locals who are from Hawaii, so I don't know what Turtle's deal is. He's just kind of there. The Amazon reviews (83% 5 star) talk a lot about how funny Turtle is. He's not that funny.

I was going to suggest the BMX movie Rad which has a truly great dance scene complete with costumes borrowed from the TV show "V." But, North Shore is a better HDTGM movie.  If you don't do this 80's extreme sport movie, please do another 80's extreme sport movie.

Sign in to follow this