🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JustinL

Plan 9 From Outer Space

I checked and somebody did suggest this on FYI, and I agree. For as much as people seem to know about this, I wonder how many have actually seen it. I don't know if it's been discussed to death or if its flaws are too well known (e.g. Phantom Menace), but I think it would be a great little change-up in the type of movies done on the show to tackle more "classic" cinema.

What? Oh, I thought someone was calling me. Plan NINE, got it...

I'm sure I've seen the first half hour or so many times, and if I remember much of anything, I think I remember it just being very, very boring. I may have to give it another try though to see if anything leaves an impression on me other than the complete ineptness on display.

Ed Wood films mock themselves, he doesn't need any support.

It's a wonderful movie, it's the epitome of a "bad" movie. Bad script, bad casting, bad acting, bad effects, bad stock footage, bad everything. It should be sent into space for the rest of the universe to enjoy.

Nightmare of Ecstasy is a really great book if you want to hear the Ed Wood story from the people who where there.

I don't think i've ever made it to the end of this movie, i"ve tried more then once to watch it.

has this got Criswell in it?

been so long ago I can't remember.

hehe I love Criswell

I don't think i've ever made it to the end of this movie, i"ve tried more then once to watch it.

has this got Criswell in it?

He appears at the start of the film, and narrates the rest.

I would love to see this episode. There's not a lot of older movies on the show and I think that this would make a great one. I don't think it does "make fun of itself" so much as it is sincere about being so ridiculous, but so is Birdemic and the Room. I think this one should be done.

I love this movie, but it has been so thoroughly explored that even people who have never laid eyes upon it know that Plan 9 is shorthand for terrible. I recommend anyone that hasn't seen it to view it for sure, but I don't see the point in having it on the show.

I kind of feel like we need to stick to Quantum Leap rules on HDTGM. Meaning we shouldn't stray too far outside our trio's lifetimes when choosing what to cover.

Sign in to follow this