🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 62.5 — Minisode 62.5

All roads lead to this. That’s right, Fast & Furious 6 is coming out this weekend and you NEED to go see it immediately. Plus, Paul crowns a winner of the Corrections & Omissions for Joyful Noise & explains what’s a good booty call window as he answers your Q’s. Make sure to keep voting and suggesting which movies should be next on our list at http://fyi.earwolf.com and grab your tickets for a LIVE taping of How Did This Get Made? on Saturday, June 15th at Largo in Los Angeles!

I get the feeling Paul doesn't want to do The Happening for some reason and is trying to avoid having to do it. The Happening has almost 2000 votes and has 700 more votes than 2nd and, without mentioning The Happening at all, Paul mentions Space Jam and Howard The Duck and basically tells people to vote for them. No matter how long you leave the poll up I don't see anything moving ahead of The Happening.

If you don't want to do a movie maybe don't put it in the poll.

I saw this with my friends last night. It's incredible and crazier than Fast Five. The teaser in the credits is MIND BLOWING.

I get the feeling Paul doesn't want to do The Happening for some reason and is trying to avoid having to do it. The Happening has almost 2000 votes and has 700 more votes than 2nd and, without mentioning The Happening at all, Paul mentions Space Jam and Howard The Duck and basically tells people to vote for them. No matter how long you leave the poll up I don't see anything moving ahead of The Happening.

or it could just be that they have plans for the happening already so there is no need to mention it. or paul ignoring the happening is a false flag and im a rly good crisis actor. inferwars dot com

• Like 1

They may be saving it for the live show the 15th.

There always was that feeling for me that some really bad movies like The Happening or Showgirls are being saved for live episodes or specials. I mean, it would seem odd and out of nowhere if they announced Showgirls as the movie this week. But I do agree, Paul is unusually dodgy on The Happening and doesn't want us to know something.

Probably will skip this week. I won't have time to see it.

I wonder if Tyrese is still "hongry" in fast 6?

Lady nerds know other things.

• Like 1

It's not so much that they're not doing it this week as much as him not mentioning The Happening at all when talking about the FYI site. It just seems like he would've mentioned the movie that is far and away the most popular pick when talking about the brand new site that was made to find out what movie the fans most want to see done.

My prediction: He's hoping the voting tightens up enough so when he picks Space Jam or Howard The Duck he can say it will make for the better episode than The Happening and since they were within a couple few hundred votes they were all movies we wanted to see done.

I'm seeing this on Saturday and it will be the first time that I am seeing a Fast movie in theaters. This movie looks completely insane.

As for the guys not doing the Happening, I honestly think that it will be the next live episode since those episodes usually cover extremely crazy movies (Superman 3, Birdemic, From Justin to Kelly) and the fan interaction for those movies adds to the entertainment value. Plus with FYI, I think that is best understood as a guide tool for what MAY be coming up, not what WILL be coming up. There will be things that would have precedent over the movies that rank high on the list, they wouldn't review Space Jam in October when they would normally do a horror movie, or in December when they pick a bad Christmas movie. The movies will be gotten to, it just may take some time to get to them since the show is done every other week.

I think that should be the next push from fans by the way, trying to get the show to do a full episode every week rather than every other week. Have the full episode on Tuesday with the miniepisode for the next episode on either Thursday or Friday.

Eh, I'm sure you guys are right and I'm just looking too far into this. I've just had so much hatred since I saw The Happening , I don't think I've ever hated a movie I saw in the theater more than this one, that I really need to hear these guys rip this thing apart.

I think that should be the next push from fans by the way, trying to get the show to do a full episode every week rather than every other week. Have the full episode on Tuesday with the miniepisode for the next episode on either Thursday or Friday.

I think that'd be very cool if they did an episode per week; but I doubt they have time. Ya know, with June having a hard time grasping concepts such as Street Fighters, Paul imitating Arsenio and Jason NOT BEING ON TWITTER.

• Like 1

RE: The Happening, I do think it's somewhat telling that Paul didn't mention the #1 movie on the FYI site. I figure he's just hoping another movie will overtake it, because honestly, who wants to watch that piece of crap again?

Not that I think it couldn't be a good episode, but I genuinely would be shocked if Paul held preference of Space Jam over The Happening. I mean, it's kids movie crazy, while The Happening is Birdemic with a Budget.

I get the feeling Paul doesn't want to do The Happening for some reason and is trying to avoid having to do it.

The Happening, co-starring Zooey Deschanel. The star of New Girl. A very enjoyable show that sometimes co-stars Ms. June Diane Raphael.

Don't hold your breath, kids.

• Like 1

The Happening, co-starring Zooey Deschanel. The star of New Girl. A very enjoyable show that sometimes co-stars Ms. June Diane Raphael.

Can anyone imagine Zooey Deschanel being angry at a review of this? I'd kinda understand Marky Mark, but I'd think she'd get it, and would even be willing to guest.

• Like 1

...I'd think she'd get it, and would even be willing to guest.

I think that's very possible, she seems like a pretty cool lady, actually.

That said, put yourself in June's place. It's fuckin' Zooey's show, man. I'll drum up a real world analogy, if that helps.

Imagine you have a sweet side gig doing some graphic design work a few times a year at a pretty successful start-up. The key player in said start-up made a substantive contribution to an app that a huge company put out a few years ago which failed miserably. Your friends get together for a semi-regular bitch fest to talk shit about bad software at a pub frequented by many people who work closely with that key player at that pretty successful start-up that occasionally throws you some graphic design work.

If you aren't smart enough to talk your friends into changing the subject of that night's bitch fest, I'd strongly advise you to make other plans for that night.

I figured it was because Zooey was in it as well, and while I don't see her getting mad over them reviewing it, I also wouldn't blame June for not wanting to risk it. There's a lot of movies in the recommendations that have people they've worked with, are friends with, or they're in themselves, maybe those should all be taken out if there's no chance that they'll do them? That's a lot of movies though.

That's a good point. I also just looked at The Happening wikipedia page and one of the three credited producers has produced Judd Apatows last few movies so although I hope it's not the case maybe he doesn't want to hurt future movie role chances.

The thing is, if they don't do the movie that comes in first it makes absolutely no sense to put it in the poll to be voted on.

The thing is, if they don't do the movie that comes in first it makes absolutely no sense to put it in the poll to be voted on.

Very true. Who knows. I might be off base, maybe they're trying to get Zooey in to do it and the issue is just a scheduling one. I bet she's busy. Although I saw her getting her own take-out once at this bomb vegetarian place called Hugo's in Studio City. Seems like she should've had someone else do that for her. I dunno, man.

here's how I'll sum up this entire discussion for everyone:

1) Zooey Deschanel looks pretty good w/o any makeup up picking up her own take-out.

2) If you go to Hugo's, I strongly recommend their warm quinoa salad with beets and gorgonzola. The quinoa wilts the greens the perfect amount, and the gorgonzola is accented wonderfully by the sweetness of the beets and dried cherries.

I'll drum up a real world analogy, if that helps.

Imagine you have a sweet side gig doing some graphic design work a few times a year at a pretty successful start-up. The key player in said start-up made a substantive contribution to an app that a huge company put out a few years ago which failed miserably. Your friends get together for a semi-regular bitch fest to talk shit about bad software at a pub frequented by many people who work closely with that key player at that pretty successful start-up that occasionally throws you some graphic design work.

If you aren't smart enough to talk your friends into changing the subject of that night's bitch fest, I'd strongly advise you to make other plans for that night.

that was very elaborate.

that was very elaborate.

YOU'RE VERY ELABORATE!

YOU!

• Like 1

Hmmm. I guess im in the minority of people who aren't into Zooey (maybe it's just her writers or the Iphone adds that spammed my tv for months.) Either way, everyone involved in the happening knows that they laid a turd. They shouldn't be upset this far after its release. Also, as much as the gang loves to tear movies apart, they usually don't attack the actors personally (maybe calling someone garbage). They often give a preamble of "I loved BLANK actor in BLANK, why are they in this movie?" It's all fun and games.

If Zooey is friends with June then she should know that HDTGM is how Jason, Paul, and June drum up support for their paying gigs. Should they give her a heads up that their fans want them to shit on the happening? Sure. Should she be upset enough to tell them not to? Nope.

Sign in to follow this