🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 62.5 — Minisode 62.5

Paul I don't know if the guest has already been selected, but if it is at all possible, contact Adam Carolla to be the guest on this show. His love of, and love of ridiculing, the Fast movies is so genuine and heartfelt. I think it would make for an awesome show. He has a great eye for spotting plot holes and errors in any movie.

Here are some examples of massive plot holes and mistakes I never realized until Adam Carolla pointed them out.

1. In Red Dawn (the original) when the boys visit the Dad in the prison camp, the Dad says it is dangerous for them to be here and if they get caught they will be killed. Yet, when the boys finally leave the Dad shouts at the top of his lungs "AVENGE ME!" which can't be helping them leave undetected.

2. In Rocky 3, Rocky gets beaten by Mr. T, so Apollo trains Rocky "to get his speed" which is why he is doing all those bizzarre training regimens like swimming in the olympic pool, or foot racing Apollo on the beach. But when it comes time for the rematch with Mr. T, Rocky doesn't use his speed at all. The fight just turns into a slugfest but this time Mr. T's punches aren't hurting Rocky.

3. In Ghost Rider, Nicholas Cage does a stunt where he jumps an entire football field on a motorcycle. The announcer at the stunt repeatedly says "Fieldgoal to Fieldgoal, 300 feet, a new world record!" and even the hot reporter girl says it at least once. But the reality is 300 yards is Endzone to Endzone. The fieldgoals are at the back of the Endzone. He really jumped 360 feet.

I haven't seen a Fast and Furious movie since the very first one came out in theaters in 2000 or 2001... I guess now is as good a time as any other to break that streak.

Hmmm. I guess im in the minority of people who aren't into Zooey (maybe it's just her writers or the Iphone adds that spammed my tv for months.) Either way, everyone involved in the happening knows that they laid a turd. They shouldn't be upset this far after its release. Also, as much as the gang tear movies apart, they usually don't attack the actors personally (maybe calling someone garbage). They often give a preamble of "I loved BLANK actor in BLANK, why are they in this movie?" It's all fun and games.

I'm with you on Zoooey, overt cuteness just bugs me. Her iphone/Siri commercial was fucking insufferable. And I don't like She & Him at all, even though I'm glad it exists because M.Ward employs a couple acquaintances of mine.

Also, I don't think she'd be a good guest for this show, unless she has some hidden improv talent that I'm unaware of. The episode would be mildly interesting, like the Cool As Ice with Vanilla Bro.

I'll have to go see a F&F matinee alone, no way in hell am I even asking my wife.

All of you are so, so wrong. Should the gang eventually get around to reviewing The Happening, their guest should be Sklarbro County's Dan Van Kirk, doing his Mark Wahlberg impression.

Happy birthday, Dan. Womp it up!

• Like 2

arrested-development-charlie-o.gif

Good grief.

Paul I don't know if the guest has already been selected, but if it is at all possible, contact Adam Carolla to be the guest on this show. His love of, and love of ridiculing, the Fast movies is so genuine and heartfelt. I think it would make for an awesome show. He has a great eye for spotting plot holes and errors in any movie.

He said in this minisode that the guest would be Adam Scott.

Also, please don't ever have Adam Corolla on the show.

Also, thank you for that sweet, sweet validation, Paul.

• Like 1

I'll have to go see a F&F matinee alone, no way in hell am I even asking my wife.

Mah wiffe.

• Like 2

All of you are so, so wrong. Should the gang eventually get around to reviewing The Happening, their guest should be Sklarbro County's Dan Van Kirk, doing his Mark Wahlberg impression.

Happy birthday, Dan. Womp it up!

Sorry but a movie about nature trying to wipe out humanity could only have one guest, the great Werner Herzog.

What do you mean by eventually get around to reviewing it? I thought the poll was to pick the next movie.

• Like 4

Tin Man

...is all I'll say about Zooey. This one caused me a lingering discomfort with her similar to the one I felt after watching James Franco host the Oscars. At least try. NOT recommended HDTGM viewing, by the way.

Tin Man

...is all I'll say about Zooey. This one caused me a lingering discomfort with her similar to the one I felt after watching James Franco host the Oscars. At least try. NOT recommended HDTGM viewing, by the way.

I watched Tin Man, and I don't think Zooey was the problem there. No one came out smelling of roses in that thing.

I watched Tin Man, and I don't think Zooey was the problem there. No one came out smelling of roses in that thing.

OH, yes. Not laying it all on Zooey. Plenty of other problems.

Yeah, I watched the first part on Netflix Instant, maybe 2-3 months ago...still haven't felt compelled to pick it back up. Largely because I can't imagine how they still have 2/3 of the story to tell.

And yet, it still wasn't as bad as Syfy's attempt to steampunk Alice in Wonderland. Somehow they managed to waste Kathy Bates, Tim Curry and Harry Dean Stanton in that pile.

What do you mean by eventually get around to reviewing it? I thought the poll was to pick the next movie.

What do you mean by "What do you mean"? Ain't NOBODY tell Jason Mantzoukas what to do!

They say, "Jason, why don't you wear something different?" Zouks says "FUCK YOU. WHITE SHIRT."

They say, "Jason, we're going to need to you shav--" and before they can even finish the sentence, Zouks rage-grows his beard another two inches.

Polls! POLLS, he says!

• Like 6

The Zouks is definitely up to doing The Happening. I've heard him say on this podcast and YMIW that "they need to do it".

Don't tell the Zouks what the Zouks wants to do.

And I guess what I mean is that given how much time and effort was put into creating the site and how many people have voted, if the clear winner in the inaugural poll wasn't selected, which it was stated that we were "voting on the next pick", than that would be a little strange to say the least.

If they had no intention of doing a movie that was voted on by the clear majority of the fans than it doesn't make much sense to have put it in the very first poll of this site that has been talked about for months.

Edited by BagguhMcGuirk

Did Paul record this in his kitchen on a cassette recorder? I kid! I say I kid so no one freaks the fuck out.

• Like 1

Did Paul record this in his kitchen on a cassette recorder? I kid! I say I kid so no one freaks the fuck out.

I'm guessing he recorded it from England (probably in a hotel room) since they're recording episodes of NTSF:SD:SUV there.

"I'll tell you the answer. It's over ten million dollars. You'd have over ten million dollars at the end of the month. Want to hear another one?"

I have nothing more to add.

• Like 1

You guys really do need to calm down. You do understand that they these podcasts are not "fresh," in the sense that they are recorded the week they are released. I'm sure they have some in the can in case they get busy with other projects because now the show is more popular and they don't want to mess up the schedule.

I do not think there is a conflict of interest in doing the movie or else it would have never been added to the website in the first place and other people would have been unable to add it as well. I really do think they are saving it for the live show so they can bring in the biggest audience possible. Because Largo (I assume it'll be there since that's where they did the last live show) will be packed to hear the gang dissect "The Happening." If they manage to get Zooey, that's an even bigger bonus. But I personally, would like them to get Eric Andre, the Sklars, or Hannibal Burress to be the guests. "The Happening" is a movie where you gotta bring out the comedic big guns, and I think they would take it easy if they had one of the cast members with them on stage.

See, hate to be a bummer but I already sense a problem with this cry for 'The Happening'. I wonder when 'Star Trek into The Darkness' hits #1 spot?

You see what I mean here - the top picks will be loaded with big budget event films that disappointed whatever demographics.. trekkies/book-loyal fans/comic fans.

'The Happening' is an odd one. I insist it was (or rather - was partly) very well done, had a cool look and feel, had plenty of good possibilities and wasn't any more a 'stupid plot' than would be most episodes of The Twilight Zone,

but..

.. M. Night explained that there was a major problem with the studio and a demand for a cash haul AND (so I recall) they made an impossible deadline on it.

He quickly hacked together what they had shot and spent the remaining time and budget on cash-grabbing gory and outrageous scenes for a money-luring trailer.

Maybe out of spite?

To me this isn't nearly as good an HDTGM roast as something like 'Birdemic 2' or something that is non-stop ridiculous on every level.

with something like 'The Happening' or the Star wars 'Prequels' I kinda do know how it got made. In a way I was FAR MORE DISAPPOINTED in those for sure!,

but,

I'm not really watching in zany bewilderment at hilarious badness on all the levels (especially unnecessary or inexplicable badness).

btw - watched Birdemic 2 last night and the only problem is that you must believe its deliberately spoofing badness. (which takes away from the real fun),

but I kinda think it was actually bad.. I mean so bad... its really mind-boggling but its worse than the original somehow.

The thing with Birdemic 2 is that it is, in many ways, worse than the original because it's too knowing and still manages to be terrible. The earnestness is what makes the first one fun to mock. That's all gone in the 2nd one. I think that's why The Happening would actually be a good episode, because M Night still thinks he's making good movies with deep messages even though he isn't.

• Like 1

See, hate to be a bummer but I already sense a problem with this cry for 'The Happening'. I wonder when 'Star Trek into The Darkness' hits #1 spot?

You see what I mean here - the top picks will be loaded with big budget event films that disappointed whatever demographics.. trekkies/book-loyal fans/comic fans.

'The Happening' is an odd one. I insist it was (or rather - was partly) very well done, had a cool look and feel, had plenty of good possibilities and wasn't any more a 'stupid plot' than would be most episodes of The Twilight Zone,

but..

.. M. Night explained that there was a major problem with the studio and a demand for a cash haul AND (so I recall) they made an impossible deadline on it.

He quickly hacked together what they had shot and spent the remaining time and budget on cash-grabbing gory and outrageous scenes for a money-luring trailer.

Maybe out of spite?

To me this isn't nearly as good an HDTGM roast as something like 'Birdemic 2' or something that is non-stop ridiculous on every level.

with something like 'The Happening' or the Star wars 'Prequels' I kinda do know how it got made. In a way I was FAR MORE DISAPPOINTED in those for sure!,

but,

I'm not really watching in zany bewilderment at hilarious badness on all the levels (especially unnecessary or inexplicable badness).

btw - watched Birdemic 2 last night and the only problem is that you must believe its deliberately spoofing badness. (which takes away from the real fun),

but I kinda think it was actually bad.. I mean so bad... its really mind-boggling but its worse than the original somehow.

See, I kinda disagree that Birdemic was a good HDTGM film to review. The episode was funny as hell, but the movie was a complete shit stain. Like the fucking sound wasn't even working half of the time. When they review movies like that, it opens the door to crazy shit like "Death Bed: The bed that eats" and other obscure, z-list movies, which are ALL going to be bad because otherwise they wouldn't be z-list movies.

It's more interesting, I think, when they go in on these big budget movies that failed miserably -- movies like Speed 2, or Barbwire, or Joyful Noise. The discussions around those movies are so much funnier because you're most likely talking about actors who were real good in other movies. So, you're really left to wonder, "why in the hell did they choose this as a project?"

• Like 1

blah blah blah

You are high, so I'm gonna cut you some slack for being completely wrong on all your points.

• Like 1

Star Trek Into Darkness may have a plot hole here and there. Birdemic 2 tries to use campiness to its advantage. The Happening is a fucking disaster.

Sign in to follow this