🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 62.5 — Minisode 62.5

You are high, so I'm gonna cut you some slack for being completely wrong on all your points.

I was high on pain killers but I'm about right on all my points.

Oh, and I'm the one who doles out the slack (or not).

Do better next time.

Star Trek Into Darkness may have a plot hole here and there. Birdemic 2 tries to use campiness to its advantage. The Happening is a fucking disaster.

I think I mentioned the problem of 'knowingly camp' in Birdemic 2 but it was given as an example of a truly terrible movie on every level that won't get a lot of votes (or any) on the FYI charts.

Star Trek Into the Darkness was given as an exaggerated example of the kinds of movies that I fear dominating the FYI Top Spots.

Wolverine 2 doesn't need to be a truly terrible film on every level but it violates some nerd expectations and you could expect 200 votes "Do THIS piece of crap!".

I'm going over there to vote Star Trek into the Darkness since it really let me down - I expected it to be be better than the first but it wasn't!

Roast this one!

I'm going over there to vote Star Trek into the Darkness since it really let me down - I expected it to be be better than the first but it wasn't!

Roast this one!

Duder, I'm sorry you didn't like it, that's a bummer but there's nothing to talk about RE: trekking into darkness. Same as someone else said in the Iron Man 3 thread -- the answer to HDTGM is: because it's going to make millions and millions of dollars and be a very successful movie. It's not objectively bad on any level at all.

Duder, I'm sorry you didn't like it, that's a bummer but there's nothing to talk about RE: trekking into darkness. Same as someone else said in the Iron Man 3 thread -- the answer to HDTGM is: because it's going to make millions and millions of dollars and be a very successful movie. It's not objectively bad on any level at all.

All beside the intended point - Most of us are going to pick our biggest disappointment. What's the worst movie I can think of to click today?

X-Men 3! That wasn't nearly as good as the first two!

Return of the Jedi! OMG the Ewoks!

Hey.. I would pick all three of those Lucas ones and especially that one with Jar Jar Binks guhhh!

I remember a lot of stand-up comedians would say "..ya and Hollywood gave us 'Howard the Duck'" so that's my #1 pick and what other movies did everyone hate .. oh ya... 'The NOT Happening' everyone laughed on SNL Weekend review.

Speaking of SNL - I'm picking SNL after the original cast left. It was never funny after that.

Thing is, you want them to pick movies that are worth discussing, not just bad. Birdemic was a great episode because there was so many crazy things to talk about! Is the new Star Trek movie worth discussing?

• Like 2

All beside the intended point - Most of us are going to pick our biggest disappointment. What's the worst movie I can think of to click today?

X-Men 3! That wasn't nearly as good as the first two!

Return of the Jedi! OMG the Ewoks!

Hey.. I would pick all three of those Lucas ones and especially that one with Jar Jar Binks guhhh!

Okay, I think I now get that you're doing a combination of snark/meta/pain meds and it's sailing over my head.

If that's not it, I don't smell what you're pooping.

Anyways, I'm going to go to happy hour and then fall asleep to Fast & Furious 6 -- holy shit, it's over 2 hours!

ETA: this is relevant F&F jazz that Vulture posted today:

Ask a Physicist: Could You Pull Off the Fast 5 Safe Heist in Real Life?

You guys really do need to calm down. You do understand that they these podcasts are not "fresh," in the sense that they are recorded the week they are released. I'm sure they have some in the can in case they get busy with other projects because now the show is more popular and they don't want to mess up the schedule.

I do not think there is a conflict of interest in doing the movie or else it would have never been added to the website in the first place and other people would have been unable to add it as well. I really do think they are saving it for the live show so they can bring in the biggest audience possible. Because Largo (I assume it'll be there since that's where they did the last live show) will be packed to hear the gang dissect "The Happening." If they manage to get Zooey, that's an even bigger bonus.

There is no way they're getting Zooey. M. Night recently posted a pic of him, Zooey, and Mindy Kaling with the caption"Old friend, new friend" so she is not going to trash the film nor would she appreciate a semi reccuring character on her hit show doing so. I would imagine she is actually fairly proud of what is by far her biggest movie role to date.

And with this being the first poll I could see a mistake being made and a movie that's off limits being included, especially when this first poll is the 10 most requested picks and The Happening is certainly that. And if this is the case I hope they just admit it and don't try to put off doing it or say they're doing Howard the Duck because they think it would make a better episode.

Also when Dan said "Should the gang eventually get around to reviewing The Happening" it struck me as an odd way of putting it. And his subsequent use of humor to avoid my request for clarification was somewhat telling.

I have to say I really don't know what Jay Knox is talking about. The movies in the polls are selected by Shannon or somebody else so Star Trek Into Darkness would never be #1 because it would never be included in a poll. As far as The Happening, In Time is just as much of a big budget hollywood release as The Happening yet it only has a couple hundred votes. The reason The Happening is such a popular pick is because it is complete dog shit.

Did it look ok? Sure I'll give you that.

Did it have some good possibilities? I guess, but doesn't every movie have the possibility of having something good happen?

Did it have a laughably bad and monotone performance from its lead actor Marky Mark and the funky bunch sans the funky bunch? Most definitely.

Was the plot as stupid as most episodes of The Twilight Zone? I wouldn't say that but even if that were true you're comparing the plot of a film from 2008 to the plot of a half hour sci-fi t.v. show that began airing 10 years before we even went to the moon. I don't really see the point in that comparison.

The fact is The Happening is a realy reall really shitty fucking movie. It has horrible writing, horrible acting, people doing really stupid things, an annoying fat kid doing really stupid things, and Marky Mark talking to a fake plant.

I have to say I really don't know what Jay Knox is talking about. The movies in the polls are selected by Shannon or somebody else so Star Trek Into Darkness would never be #1 because it would never be included in a poll.

Uh so let me be clear so you 'know what I'm talking about'. I did not know the movies in the polls are selected by Shannon or someone else. To be clear: My browser crashed at the FYI page and I have carried on assuming its a choice of any film listed on 'Rotten Tomatoes' website. I carried on according to this assumption.

Got it?

Exactly.

Uh so let me be clear so you 'know what I'm talking about'. I did not know the movies in the polls are selected by Shannon or someone else. To be clear: My browser crashed at the FYI page and I have carried on assuming its a choice of any film listed on 'Rotten Tomatoes' website. I carried on according to this assumption.

Got it?

Exactly.

So are you a fucking dick in real life or just online? I apologize for not realizing you were making these long posts detailing what was wrong with the FYI site without having any idea how it works. I guess I should have realized you were just talking out of your ass.

Once again, my most sincere apologies.

Now feel free to respond with a lame post where you accept my apology and try to be funny.

• Like 1

Once again, my most sincere apologies.

It was made very clear I was high on painkillers. Nevertheless I accept your bewildering fake apology.

Come on guys, let's play nice. We all love shitty movies.

fuck u

• Like 1

ha ha just kidding we are all friends here let's get wasted on some smirnoff ice and make pizza rolls and marathon hemlock grove

Very very high!

It's called Tramadol and yes it helps non-forum related injuries and thank you very much for not judging!

I think the next episode should be about the overuse of painkillers and its effect on message board friendships.

• Like 3

:( Welp....

1369337552622.gif

That's just not right.

Sorry if I offended, I didn't add the arms. I truly do love that gif, and I have a special place in my heart for limbless animals. The sentiment was, "welp, I'll see you later! Signing off!"

• Like 1

Dude, that dog gave me some serious cubicle chuckles yesterday. Later I put it on my phone and Mrs Cat & Beard laughed for about half an hour in bed. She wasn't on pain meds, though.

• Like 1

Sorry if I offended, I didn't add the arms. I truly do love that gif, and I have a special place in my heart for limbless animals. The sentiment was, "welp, I'll see you later! Signing off!"

I swear that ridiculous animated gif has made me laugh out loud no less than a dozen times... just out of nowhere I think of it and start laughing. Whoever did that - I declare you the greatest effing animator ever.. holy that was great!

Sign in to follow this