🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Millennium - "once in a thousand years comes an adventure like this"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqQCyAQBgXY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

I was going to post the trailer for this but then said screw it, scott thoompson explains the movie better from kids in the hall. If you forward to 2:20 point Scott Thompson in charator is talking about the movie millennium.. i am shocked this isn't already here.. This is a really bad movie and it should be on HDTGM.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097883/

Well, it's not a very memorable movie either. Still, if they do it, Scott Thompson would make a great guest.

It's not a movie, but I think it'd be great if they did an episode on the Willenium. I feel like I still have a lot of question about all that.

• Like 1

I had completely forgotten about this movie. It is indeed crazy. IIRC, Cheryl Ladd comes from the future and abducts people right before they die because they can't have babies any more and she sleeps with Kris Kristofferson and then the future gets destroyed but there's another future and that's where they send everyone. Whaaaaaa?

I had completely forgotten about this movie. It is indeed crazy. IIRC, Cheryl Ladd comes from the future and abducts people right before they die because they can't have babies any more and she sleeps with Kris Kristofferson and then the future gets destroyed but there's another future and that's where they send everyone. Whaaaaaa?

That made me think of "Freejack" for some reason.

• Like 1

this movie is over the top crazyness when it comes to special effects. the make up artistry is top notch.

I don't think it would be too hard to get Scott Thompson on the show. I am shocked that he hasn't been on any ear wolf podcasts yet..

I've seen plenty of poorly executed sci fi films I can't help but be impressed both by how terrible this film is and how much effort was put into it.

Based on a 1977 short story this project came into production in 1979 but passed between a handful of directors and studios before finally reaching theaters in 1989. This was clearly a passion project that was taken extremely seriously during production but the end result is a jumbled mess that ineffectively tells a story about time travelers from 1000 years in the future interfering with a plane crash in our time. There probably is a right way to tell this story but they weren't able to find it.

I'd be hard pressed to find a crazier disaster of a film than this one. I could even go so far as to say that this movie is BONKERS.

This one didn't come up in the search, so I'm glad I didn't make the recommendation. I think the best thing this would offer the crew is a lot of questions about what's actually going on, with a lot of snarkiness directed at the overall production of the film. Definitely landed wide of the mark.

Just trying to keep this one going.

This movie is bat shit crazy. I watched Millennium other day and was bored stiff. That is until the 35 minute mark when the whole thing goes bonkers and it turns into an entirely different movie.

Holy cats, this was a weird one.

It's on HBO on demand, WATCH IT TODAY!

It is a real rough start, but get through all the sludge and do yourself a favor, pause it at the 33 minute mark, take a deep breath, and get ready. It is a jarring shift into some of the worst costuming and effects of 1998. Then, make it worse, the whole boring part is replayed from another character's view. Also, its fun to make someone else watch it and see their reaction at this point.

Please keep this going and watch the movie. It is worth it and I think it would make a great episode.

I like to go back and catch up on old scifi I missed over the years. so I saw this not long ago. Definitely bonkers, great pick for HDTGM.

I was waaaaay into it when these future spy dixie chicks showed up. hamena hamena hamena

millennium3.jpg

And then utterly disgusted anytime these two fucking freakshows came on screen. The Red Dwarf style robot gave me some feels eventually. But that human parable of poor personal care on the left made me want to hurl. CUT YOUR FUCKING HAIR YOU CREEP!

millennium-movie-1989-sherman-the-robot.jpg

And then this happened. And I barfed. 'But by barfed I mean I barfed out of my weiner. I came'

gP98VTcw1MtdMxkWmnGzoBy1obd.jpg

Would be pretty incredible to hear Scott thompson give behind the scenes info on this mess. And how he felt about this ridiculous hat.

scottthompson.png

• Like 1

millennium-movie-1989-sherman-the-robot.jpg

are we sure that isn't the other members of kids in the hall, Dave Foley and Kevin McDonald?

• Like 1

For those who have not stolen their friend’s/family/neighbor’s HBO GO account to watch this, it is now coming to Netflix October 1.

Watch it, it is a wonderful great/bad movie.

I got this as part of a double feature DVD with ROTOR (another great choice for the show), this movie is nuts in that they tried to mix Terminator with the Airplane disaster movies of the 70s and a little bit of Blade Runner. Hell the show should just do the double live episode featuring this and ROTOR.

I got this as part of a double feature DVD with ROTOR (another great choice for the show), this movie is nuts in that they tried to mix Terminator with the Airplane disaster movies of the 70s and a little bit of Blade Runner. Hell the show should just do the double live episode featuring this and ROTOR.

for the record, Ryan Sz, when you say a bit of Blade Runner you mean a eye dropper full of blade runner and nothing next to a 1/3 of a cup.

I watched this again last night. At first, I'm thinking, "wow, this show is just impossibly stupid." As the movie went on, I'm thinking, "wow, this show is impossibly stupid, but I can't stop watching." I definitely paid more attention to the idiotic quotes, their poor delivery and weak character chemistry.

There are some outstandingly bad quotes. It's worth watching just to hear these gems.

• Your mother was a cash register!
  • You're the best thing in a thousand years, Bill.
  • We scientists should get out of the lab more often; we might learn something!
  • Bill Smith: The first rule is: Never sleep with anyone who's crazier than you are. I don't know if you're crazier, but you're right up there on the top 10 of my weird list, lady. Louise Baltimore: If you knew me better, I'd be number one.

• Like 1

Heading the Megaforce episode for some reason made me remember this movie from the late 80s. I don’t remember the last time I watched but it was probably when it first came to cable.