🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

I starting making this post 25 minutes into the movie. 25 minutes was all I needed to know this was going to be a gem. I mean I knew Zombies + Teenage Romance = Turd, but I had no idea it was going to be the rare golden turd.

These are just some of the highlights:

First ever Zombie Guy on Girl film

Giving A Zombie Driving Lessons

Even Zombies can be hoarders

John Malkovich as leader/savior of humanity

Eating a person's brain gives you their memories

Rob Corddry - "Bitches, man"

Half of the budget spent on the soundtrack

The first perfectably reasonable cure for being a Zombie

If you liked Pride and Predjudice and Zombies, you'll love Romeo and Juliet and Zombies Warm Bodies. Actually you'll probably think its garbage, but review it anyway. That is unless you can find a better Zombie Romance to review.

I actually liked most of the things you're pointing out as being bad. I don't care for those Seth Graham-Smith stories, but I thought this was kind of charming.

I'm starting to see that people are suggesting movies for no reason other than "I didn't like it" or the even lesser "it let me down". This was just a cute mini zom-rom-com, nothing great but certainly not literally bonkers garbage that I found upsetting.

• Like 1

I was looking forward to seeing this. I still am. but really it's that bad.? or that bad good...as the kids now say.

I'm starting to see that people are suggesting movies for no reason other than "I didn't like it" or the even lesser "it let me down". This was just a cute mini zom-rom-com, nothing great but certainly not literally bonkers garbage that I found upsetting.

How's the view up there from your high horse? Seriously, who are you to judge what's an acceptable recommendation? If your arrogance wasn't insulting enough you then summarize my reason for recommending it as either not liking it or letting me down. Umm.....wrong on both accounts Sherlock. I liked it for the same reason I like "We Built This City On Rock and Roll" by Jefferson Starship, in that its so bad that it entertains the hell out of me. As for letting me down, if you read my post rather then seeing the title of it and probably skimming through the rest, you would have seen where I said I expected it to be a bad teen love story but was actually pleasantly surprised when its "plot" morphed it into a giant shitstorm of awesomely bad material.

The mere fact that a Hollywood "zom-rom-com" never even existed before this is enough reason for me to recommend it. Just like the podcast intended, I recommended this because i think its bad movie with a mindnumbingly dumb premise, but just bad and dumb enough that anyone who watches it can also be highly entertained by just how ridiculous it gets. I'm sorry it wasn't on the level of "literally bonkers garbage that I found upsetting", even if that entire pharse is just you repeating and combining the catchphares of Paul, Jason, and June. However if you think something like gaining memories by eating someone's brain isn't a WTF worthy moment, then I'd like to know how fucked up something has to be to qualify for recommendation?

Next time if you don't like the recommendation of someone just ignore it.

I would jump in and defend this movie because I actually thought that is was trying to be more than the Twilight melodrama, but since I am a 17 year old, I am the target demographic who this movie wants. I haven't seen it yet either, but good friends of.mine who didn't care for Twilight loved it, so I'm on the side of I really hope it's good

Also, while I do agree that the recommendation problem has grown out of hand, this is just a general forum message that people need to calm down. The final decision goes to Scheer. I didn't think Joyful Noise could get some material, but it did. It's all based on most material possible.

• Like 1

fwiw, I actually had a nice time at this movie. I wasn't expecting much and found it to be cute and generally okay. Rob Cordry is so wonderful and even with no lines I thought he was superb.

It's not a movie I would buy and watch over and over but I was entertained while I was watching it.

I will agree about the overblown soundtrack though, it was pretty distracting and very obviously saying "here teens! music you like! we get you!"

• Like 1

I didn't even notice the music being that obvious, but that's what happens when you watch too many CW shows.

Is it just me or does Scott Aukerman have a cameo as a zombie?

tumblr_mnail3Z1c41qzhnn1o1_400.jpg

a whole bunch of stuff

Woah, slow down chainsaw. No offense intended, I was referring to the overall trend of recent film suggestions, not just yours. You give a lot of reasons you think it's a good candidate, which is your opinion. I get to have an opinion, too.

And the view from here is excellent, even though I'm only riding a mini pony.

• Like 2

This movie was ok, not sure if it needs the HDTGM treatment. I liked the music in this film but i am a generation X so I enjoyed that part of the movie. but the twilight like stuff with zombies with emoticons. I got mixed feelings about. I don't think the makers of this film really knew what target audience they are going for, because it felt like that to me.They just could not make there mind up how to market this film. I' gave it 5 stars on my IMDB out of 10.

I just watched it the other day and I kinda agree with Jizzo that it's a turd. I kinda like the idea behind it, telling a zombie story through the zombie's perspective, and having a human/zombie romance, I think there was a lot of things they could've done with that. It could've been a lot better if they pushed the comedy and horror further, because I found this movie neither funny nor scary, it just felt like another bland teen romance about mismatched lovers. People swore up and down that it wasn't like Twilight, but to me it felt almost exactly like Twilight, human and monster fall in love, lots of nonsensical unexplained alterations to the genre's lore, overt music every 15 seconds, and tons of plotholes. I definitely felt like I was watching meant more for 15yr old girls than it was for me. It's an okay movie if you're just really into watching kids fall in love to a nice soundtrack, it didn't seem to have much else going for it, in my opinion. That being said I don't know if it's so much a good HDTGM movie, I found it more boring than anything else.

If you want to see a good romantic zomedy, try 1993's My Boyfriend's Back, which has Matthew Fox and Phillip Seymour Hoffman as highschool bullies.

my-boyfriends-back-movie-poster-1993-1020234991.jpg

I love that poster, My Boyfriend's Back.

That reminds me of this little gem i found on the net.

51jhxb1s9dL._SX500_.jpg

I love the use of the amarican flag in the back ground and the words at the bottom say it all about this movie "thrilling" If ever there has been a poster that express my feelings towards a film. in case this gets taken down it's a poster for jack reacher and it can be found in google image search....

I love that "Thrilling" has no credit after it. "Thrilling" says a person from somewhere at some point in time!

• Like 2

Woah, slow down chainsaw. No offense intended, I was referring to the overall trend of recent film suggestions, not just yours. You give a lot of reasons you think it's a good candidate, which is your opinion. I get to have an opinion, too.

And the view from here is excellent, even though I'm only riding a mini pony.

LMAO @ "a whole bunch of stuff"

Yeah, I think you really need a movie to be a special kind of movie to be a HDTGM. There are some movies that some people might feel very strongly about hating and might have genuine complaints, but you need to keep in mind that if your opinion is in the minority, it might not be the best choice. That's not to say you can't go against the grain on some things, but it really needs to have a very special collection of elements beyond being just bad. After all, there are plenty of just bad movies that really wouldn't work for the show.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this