🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 82 — Apocalypse Crushes

Amy Poehler, Seth Morris, and Joe Hartzler are roommates, experiment with end of the world scenarios, and through the power of video games leap to a future with laser dollars on today’s improv4humans! Plus, Amy helps Joe send a special message to a certain special someone! Be sure to pick up an improv4humans shirt from the Earwolf Store and follow @MattBesser on Twitter to send in your improv suggestions. Music by Bobby Matthews and Dragoon. You can also now get Matt Besser’s new comedy album “Woo Pig Sooie: Comedy for Atheists” at mattbesser.com and Dragoon’s new album “This Galaxy Is But A Nursery” at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com!

ohhhhhh shit , I shouldn't be awake but I'm glad I am.

Was bummed when this one was over, excellent episode - possibly sexcellent, even.

I'm not given to hyperbole, but this is the funniest episode of the funniest show ever recorded by sentient beings.

While I4H is consistently hilarious & enjoyable, whenever there's an episode with another original Brigadier, it's particularity awesome.

I liked that although Amy played a character in one of the earlier scenes that was mocking people who study philosophy, at the end she went on to talk about the existentialist idea that all we have is now, and how we don't have much power over what happens in the world & to us, but we do have control of how we choose to respond to it.

The trope of the college philosophy student mindlessly doubting everything comes from people that we've all met. But it's just like the relatively small proportion of Atheists (or any members of a stereotyped group) who happen to give the rest of us a bad name by being especially loud yet idiotic. It was satisfying, after the pseudo-philosophical dipshit character, that Amy went on to talk about a salient philosophical paradigm.

And that's one of the many reasons why I love you guys.

• Like 1

Go get Dragoon's new album guys. I highly recommend it if you are into the stuff Matt has played thus far. Plus the start of every song makes me think Matt is about to do his "welcome to improv4humans!" drop.

This episode was really fun. Thanks Matt.

Also, that youtube video was completely insane

• Like 2

I wish I knew how to correctly spell/type the sound I made when I heard this haha..it was like an overjoyed guttural squeal haha thank you Besser and earwolf shits off the hook!..do people still say that?..i do i guess..when amy said the children on mars part i think i died

Whoo-boy, this was a great one. So happy that Amy appeared on the show. That last sketch was amazing.

That was great. Great guests as always. Hopefully it doesn't take Amy Poehler as long to come back for a 2nd appearence as it did for here to make her 1st appearence!

• Like 3

Respectfully fucked is going to be the way I end all of my correspondences now.

• Like 1

Re-listen to this episode and consider the question: What if the woman Joe Hartzler is pining over is Amy Poehler?

mind_blown.gif

• Like 10

"Don't ruin this, Seth!" Hope it works out for Joe and his mystery lady :wub:

YES! I've been waiting for this since episode 1. And it did not disappoint. Even though Amy was the main attraction here everybody on the show was in top form.

First time I've yelled Irvine Welsh at my phone. I'm the worst.

And I wanted to yell "Commander Shepard is from Mass Effect! not Halo!"

I'd avoided that video just because I knew it would make me feel ashamed.

Re-listen to this episode and consider the question: What if the woman Joe Hartzler is pining over is Amy Poehler?

mind_blown.gif

That was one of the first things I thought... I have this horrible thing where I long for happy endings. Speaking of which, my 'massage therapist' eats a lot of Cheetos which could explain a few things.

Matt, Joe, Seth and Amy were so perfect. Aukerman would have have had a "Callback!" attack. Also, I love the way Amy doesn't back away from the mike when she laughs.

A++!

• Like 1

Amy is a beautiful shining beacon of love and positivity. I want all future episodes of I4H to include clapping and pep talks. She didn't plug it but I will... If you know a teenager or ever were a teenager you need to see

because everything about it is perfect. She is perfect.

tumblr_mn61gmRrXH1qe8ctfo1_500.gif

The "gamer left out of the future" sketch almost killed me, for serious.

Also, I'm sure other people did something similar, but I know for a fact that Pauly Shore is responsible for at least one cheetos dick joke.

HOORAY! WHAT A GREAT IMPROV 4 HUMANS!

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this