🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 82 — Apocalypse Crushes

Great episode! Everyone was great.

I'm still hoping for a founding UCB members episode of Improv4humans.

• Like 6

Seth Morris busting out 'Silly Surgery' got me good.

• Like 2

Amy's sincerity toward end of the episode was heartwarming. I wish she could be on the show every week.

Also, sorry Amy, but "I Wanna Be The Guy" is the name of a real game, I don't think this guy was a comedian, I think he was just very sad.

That Apocalypse Crush scene is an instant favorite. Seth Morris was on fire this episode.

Glad Amy finally made it on the show!

Amy's sincerity toward end of the episode was heartwarming. I wish she could be on the show every week.

Also, sorry Amy, but "I Wanna Be The Guy" is the name of a real game, I don't think this guy was a comedian, I think he was just very sad.

I think he was being slightly funny on purpose, but it is humorous that a real game name tipped Amy's bullshit detector off.

Amazing episode. I feel like I've said this a thousand times, but this might be the best episode of I4H yet. Everyone was hilarious and on top of their game!

Also agreed that Amy should be on every week, she's too funny.

Amy is the greatest, I hope she returns soon. That video is something else, I hope it's sincere. Saving galaxies, learning languages... that guy has fake accomplished so much with games, we should all be inspired by his example.

Amy would make a stellar impartial judge for the Case Closed segments.

• Like 1

Amy would make a stellar impartial judge for the Case Closed segments.

Definitely know what you mean. I get a very 'cool sister' vibe off of her. Like she's someone who's good at setting people straight but still hilarious and an awesome friend.

This episode ruled. Keep em comin Matt and Earwolf crew, you guys fuckin' rock.

The "gamer left out of the future" sketch almost killed me, for serious.

"In laser dollars, it's bleep-blorp-5000" was my favorite moment of an all-around stellar show.

• Like 1

So, Grand Theft Auto trains kids to jump off of third story balconies and Commander Shepard is the guy from Halo. Matt knows almost as much about video games as he knows about making a watchable dance movie.

So, Grand Theft Auto trains kids to jump off of third story balconies and Commander Shepard is the guy from Halo. Matt knows almost as much about video games as he knows about making a watchable dance movie.

Come on dude. Do you really expect Matt to know the characters from video games he doesn't play or pay attention to? That slight on FreakDance is totally un-called for.

You're being a butt hole, and attacking the host personally is only going to piss the mods off.

• Like 5

Glad you finally got Amy on the Podcast. I reallly hope for a UCB TV reunion, but if it never happens this will definitely last in my brain hole.

I have to say I find it completely fascinates me how some people listen to the show but seem to hate me. Does anyone have a theory? Seriously.

• Like 1

I have to say I find it completely fascinates me how some people listen to the show but seem to hate me. Does anyone have a theory? Seriously.

Some people enjoy complaining. A lot of those people enjoy complaining more than actually 'liking' something. Because they like feeling like they can one-up someone who has actually accomplishment something of note. But really, the problem lies with them and their failures, not with you.

• Like 2

I have to say I find it completely fascinates me how some people listen to the show but seem to hate me.  Does anyone have a theory? Seriously.

He came for hardcore gamer talk and felt mislead.

• Like 1

I get the complaining. The last two weeks deserved lots of comments for and against Case Closed. But someone insulting my movie because I didn't get a video game character's game right. It seems like more than bitterness and envy.

I just realized that vgfitzger is the star of the catchment Case Closed. What's your deal dude? I had you on the show. We had a good time. What makes you feel it's cool to insult Freak Dance? I am truly curious what your thinking is?

• Like 1

Does anyone have a theory? Seriously.

you're the howard stern of comedy podcasting?

I guess they're passionately behind parts of your career to elevate them to fans, and then when they don't enjoy specific outputs of your career that fandom degenerates into vehement frustration; and so the wanting to engage as a fan is darkly influenced by the knowledge that insulting you (thru venting said frustrations) will provoke such an engagement; as unpleasant as it may be. I don't know, perhaps re listening to the catchment discussion could help solidify the reasoning behind vgfitzger.

It all has to do with the anonymity of the internet. I can guarantee you none of these people would say these types of things to you in person or even over the phone.

I've always found it very strange the way people feel the need to not just criticize something or someone on places like the IMDB boards and such, but the way a very few people talk about performers and hosts on the earwolf boards is really quite sad sometimes.

The Comedy Bang Bang forum tends to have the most personal criticism and I really don't get it. All these shows are made by very smart and talented people who get paid very little, if anything, trying to produce a funny, smart, original, experimental show every week that costs us exactly ZERO dollars.

I'm sure some people will say "but they're making it for us so we should be able to complain and they should listen". While a little constructive criticism is fine I guess, but in my opiion unneccesary for a FREE podcast, some of this stuff goes far beyond that, like trashing a movie somebody spent years on simply as a fuck you because Matt didn't give your favorite video games the respect they don't deserve.

I remember when Jash was coming out I think Sarah said "it's ok to fail" or something along those lines. I feel like that's how most of the shows on Earwolf are approached so if there's something you don't like maybe don't go running to be the first to say something negative about a show. And if you do feel the need to complain don't be a fucking dick about it and shit all over something they actually put a lot of time and effort in.

• Like 1

I get the complaining. The last two weeks deserved lots of comments for and against Case Closed. But someone insulting my movie because I didn't get a video game character's game right. It seems like more than bitterness and envy.

I just realized that vgfitzger is the star of the catchment Case Closed. What's your deal dude? I had you on the show. We had a good time. What makes you feel it's cool to insult Freak Dance? I am truly curious what your thinking is?

Maybe he's got an itch for the i4h spotlight and he's been malevolently scheming to get back on the show?

Or he's just a prick.

• Like 3

I liked this one, it's always great when you can hear you're having a great time; and Matt, if you didn't get the name of the videogame character... big deal, the scene was great; and the insult to your movie, unnecessary and childish.

I think it's more complex than anonymity because people still post hateful abuse on twitter using their real name, and you can even include your location in the tweet.

A lot of it's to do with how the internet's changed and how accessible celebrities are now. Not that long ago you needed some actual technical ability to get onto the internet, and you never would have imagined any celebrity would actually read what you said about their work and that's drastically shifted in the opposite direction in such a short space of time.

But even if you use your real name and city the odds of anyone, celebrity or otherwise, ever contacting you in the real world is next to zero and they know that.

I'd wager that they listen in an attempt to catch you saying something even slightly off-the-mark so they can point out that you're wrong and they're right and nana-nana-boo-boo stick your face in doo-doo my hyper-inflated sense of self importance is central to my worldview.

She said that he's Canadian, not a comedian. I made the same mistake. They later started making fun of the way he spoke, which is what clued me in.

Sign in to follow this