🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 221 — The Cake Council

Announcer extraordinaire Andy Richter makes his record breaking 25th appearance and uses his co-hosting duties to get into the origins of Cake Boss (Cake Boss!) on today’s Comedy Bang Bang! We’ll hear about his earliest cake memory, he’ll reveal some secrets of the Cake Council, and we’ll find out what his next project will be as he goes on his forced cakebbatical. Plus, we’re treated to a real nail biting game of Would You Rather!

Oh, Andy Richter! TOTALLY haven't seen him recently. Saw a couple of his brothers though.

• Like 7

Oh, Andy Richter! TOTALLY haven't seen him recently. Saw a couple of his brothers though.

Right? I was hopin for Cherath or Emmett but Andy will do, too.

So glad I went back and listened to a bunch of Andy Richter episodes recently. He is the perfect CBB guest. (Second only to the incomparable Juan Hammõn)

Right? I was hopin for Cherath or Emmett but Andy will do, too.

Rocky is the best Richter.

• Like 1

I think choctaw has been on fire recently..I was just listening to Andy on Ronna and Beverly so this is like double nice and cake boss is always magic Great ep!

In the future, 'Comedy Bang Bang 2013' is going to be the podcast equivalent of the 'Domaine Romaneee Conti 1997'. Cake be praised for this year of vintage japery!

I've yet to listen to a Cake Boss episode so this was a great episode, I love how PFT's Cake Boss comes really close to falling into Lord ALW territory

I've yet to listen to a Cake Boss episode so this was a great episode, I love how PFT's Cake Boss comes really close to falling into Lord ALW territory

Oh man, you have a lot of catch up listening to do, so many good Cake Boss (Cake Boss) appearances in the past

• Like 1

Oh man, you have a lot of catch up listening to do, so many good Cake Boss (Cake Boss) appearances in the past

Yeah, I'm a little new to CBB (I've been listening for about 2 months) but I really should go back for these episode, Cake Boss (Cake Boss!) is a great charac.

• Like 1

I read in the latest issue of Scientific American that Cake Boss (Cake Boss) is prohibited from coming within 500 feet of Kate Moss (Kate Moss) otherwise the universe may collapse in on itself. (CakeBossKateMossCakeBossKateMoss)

This is why CERN created the Large Hadron Collider so that someday Cake Boss (Cake Boss) will meet Kate Moss (Kate Moss) and they will hug and finally heal the world.

• Like 3

I read in the latest issue of Scientific American that Cake Boss (Cake Boss) is prohibited from coming within 500 feet of Kate Moss (Kate Moss) otherwise the universe may collapse in on itself. (CakeBossKateMossCakeBossKateMoss)

This is why CERN created the Large Hadron Collider so that someday Cake Boss (Cake Boss) will meet Kate Moss (Kate Moss) and they will hug and finally heal the world.

What would happen if Cake Boss and Kate Moss played Ring Toss?

Rocky is the best Richter.

And the second-best Aukerman!

Wonderful episode. Favorite throw-away exchange:

"It's not like a parrot."

"It's in the liner notes."

"It's not like a parrot."

"Yeah, I heard you."

• Like 2

This was almost like the Bob and Tom show with all the laughing! Only you could tell that these guys were so tickled with each other. It was so genuine and even if you take out how funny it was, it's still a good ride. All three are obviously having a blast!

Am I the only one weirded out by the fact that this was clearly meant to be released in Decemeber/January? Like well before the previous Cake Boss episode?

The recent run of fan-favorite episodes were banked in advance, presumably to afford Scott some downtime during (six-days-a-week) production on CBBTV Season 2. Weirdest Kulap instagram-ed photos from the wrap party over the weekend, so I expect they'll be back in the studio soon.

"Cake Start My Heart" --Weirder Scott's tribute to Cake Boss surviving his heart ailment.

Am I the only one weirded out by the fact that this was clearly meant to be released in Decemeber/January? Like well before the previous Cake Boss episode?

Well they're filmed a year in advance

• Like 1

The only reason it bothered me was that the non-remixed "Closing Up the Plug Bag" was pretty jarring...bro.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm a little new to CBB (I've been listening for about 2 months) but I really should go back for these episode, Cake Boss (Cake Boss!) is a great charac.

I'm a huge Paul F Tompkins fan, so I started off listening to Comedy Bang Bang by downloading and listening to all his episodes first (I kinda start most comedy podcasts that way). Cake Boss has such a fun ongoing mythology to him, and PFT's impression has gotten progressively more cartoonish and silly over the years (which he pokes fun at in this episode). I'm kinda amazed at how he's created this fun loveable character out of some forgettable sorta obscure cable tv reality star. You're in for a lot of fun going back and listening to previous PFT appearances, for Cake Boss and all his other characters too.

• Like 2

Great episode. This past month or so has had some really amazing shows and I'm really hoping there's a bro down episode coming up. I know the Zouks was in the anniversary show but it's about time for another Andy Daly/Zouks show.

• Like 2

IT'S BEEN too long Cake Boss (cake boss)!

Also, IT'S BEEN too long since Ice-T made an appearance. I need to know what entrepreneurial endeavors Ice-T has been up to.

• Like 1

Listening to this episode has made me so happy. Almost as happy as when I'm eating a delicious cake!

Sign in to follow this