🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Regardless of how you may feel about Clue, you've got to admit that it's bizarre. With the tone constantly shifting between light-hearted comedy and brutal murder, it's baffling to even consider what the director was going for. Then there's the aspect of different theaters getting different endings, along with deliberate attempts to connect the film to the board game. Clue essentially set out to be the first CYOA Movie, and I'd like the HDTGM crew to decide if it succeeded (but the answer is no).

Oh, and it has the greatest final line in all of cinema.

Clue is a madcap black comedy. The tone is pretty consistent, IMO.

But I agree about the final line.

• Like 2

Yeah, maybe I haven't seen it in a little while but I think Clue is a legitimately good, funny movie. I agree with King of the Wicker People.

• Like 1

Yeah, maybe I haven't seen it in a little while but I think Clue is a legitimately good, funny movie. I agree with King of the Wicker People.

Shifting tone? Not at all. That's like saying Murder She Wrote is inconsistent because it has murder AND a charming old lady.

Yeah, I like Clue, though it has flaws, but the tone is quite consisent: an old fashioned murder story with humour. It doesn't shift WILDLY and I would hardly call the off screen murders brutal by any stretch.