🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 27 — Knocking Out

After making themselves familiar with this new planet and having some time to prep for the unknown force the Collectors have sent their way arrives, our heroes decide to test out their new gear. Things will get interesting and this time everyone makes sure that Brian doesn’t drift off.

• Like 1

The weapons they got are far cooler than any equipment I've ever gotten in an RPG, except maybe my own personal R2-D2 I got in a Star Wars game.

Also, I feel like there's lots of red herrings being dropped for our poor heroes.

I definitely need to invest in Rock. (Not for use with Paper.)

Prediction:

The "humans" that crashed on this tuft were attacked by the "space spiders" (a la Lost in Space) and are now the current inhabitants. They ARE the Collectors, who are stealing/cloning women from other civilizations because the Space Spiders are killing off their women.

The heroes had 3 destinations to choose from. The other two destinations (with multiple inbound ships) were about to be "collected from." The reason this planet has only one large Collector ship inbound is because it is bringing in a fresh batch of women collected by the other ships. Perhaps the timing is the tip-off. Why is this ship arriving just after a space spider attack?

Hopefully, the surgery performed on Mildred is enough to keep her from dying with the other infected women.

In contrast, I'm also thinking that the samples taken from the women have something to do with the clones found on collector ships (as the players theorized.). I would love to see Mildred throw down with a clone of herself.

• Like 1

This story is about to get super crazy. I'm loving it Mr. Sark. Also, go check out the Earwolf Store peoples. We have NP shirts on the way!

Mildred's "Is it a spider? Get it off!" reminded me of

from Red vs. Blue (NSFW language.)
  • Like 1

This episode began with masturbation jokes and turned into shit jokes near the end. Somewhere in between was DnD.

One of the best episodes so far. I bloody knew something was going on with Brian in the last few episodes, thanks for addressing and clearing that one up.

It's almost time to re listen to these again.

Anybody thought about those necklaces? They found them mysteriously left behind at the site of a collection. Maybe spiders crawl out of them at night and lay eggs? Then the victims are collected as incubators. Just a thought.

Ok, so I'm relistening to these episodes, and as I do, I only come up with more questions (Or maybe I just don't remember that they were answered...)! But: what Was the deal with the space spiders? Just a lark? And it seems that mildred hasn't used her shield in battle often (though she does use it to clear glass in a later episode).

I find these episodes are more enjoyable the second time around; I'm not so focused on the tiny 'what-if's', and catch more of the bigger picture, not to mention jokes I missed. Thanks, guys!