🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Worldfamous

Firewalker (1986)

Before there was Nic Cage, we had Chuck Norris! This one stars Chuck and Lou Gossett Jr. and has a ZERO on rotten tomatoes. It's definitely time for a Chuck Norris flick!

• Like 2

I completely agree with this suggestion. Great HDTGM? movie. The bar fight scene is a definite highlight for me. Glad you mentioned it. FireWalkerTexas Ranger!

Roger Ebert's review of this was pretty great. (Although it confused me at first when I read it in "I Hated Hated Hated This Movie," because I thought it was a review of "Firestarter.") Some excerpts:

We know Norris and Gossett are just the guys she's looking for, because we were observing closely during the title sequence, when they were not too smart. The two men are staked face-up in the desert and left to die. And as a special torture, Norris is given a full bottle of Perrier to hold in his right hand, so that water will be tantalizingly close as the hot sun bakes him. Norris breaks the bottle and uses a shard of glass to cut the rope, which is terrific, except that we can clearly see that all either one of them has to do is simply slip the rope off the top of the stake.

Cyclops was my inspiration to play the game of Continuity with this movie. That's the game where you count all the mistakes, such as that his patch is over his right eye the first time we see him and his left eye the other times. Also, Norris and Anderson are in a VW bug that sinks while fording a river. It's two feet from shore, but when they escape from it, they have to swim at least 25 yards. Later, they find Gossett suspended above a pool of boiling water by a rope tied around his hands. Norris leaps out to embrace Gossett, and they swing back and forth until the rope frays and allows them to land on a ledge, where Gossett's hands are miraculously free.

Continuity is a game you play only during a movie that gives you little else to think about.

Consumer note: Nobody walks on fire in this movie.
  • Like 2

Open & shut case for bad movie recommendations, it is a movie called "Firewalker"...no one walks on fire.

Sign in to follow this