đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
JulyDiaz

Episode 83 - Driving Yellow Jackets

Speaking of Twitter, I wonder if a Case Closed segment with @ProdigalSam/Sammy Rhodes would be funny/satisfying? Patton Oswalt recently blasted him.

Oh, Jesus. That's one case that absolutely is closed, assuming the case is Rhodes being a plagiarizing piece of garbage. Now if Matt could get one of the idiots who are countering by saying that Patton, Shittington, et al are "bullying" Rhodes for calling him on it, then that could be a (somewhat painfully) fun discussion that would actually fit in well with an established Case Closed topic.

• Like 1

I agree on the supporters. Reply after reply of “I think you’re funny” “They’re haters and you made their jokes funnier” or the worst one “It’s only Twitter” is baffling to me. The overwhelming majority of his supporters are Christian and there’s such an obvious persecution complex thing going on. Time and again there are tweets saying Patton et al are only complaining because Sammy’s funnier with their material, they’re pathetic because it’s nothing to get worked up over, or they’re just bullies and trolls. I’d believe the sincerity of their support a lot more if so much of it didn’t drip with snarky superiority and condescending criticism towards the people calling him out for joke theft. Most confusing is the “I think you’re funnier than they are” – what? How?

I think that’s a great idea to have not Sammy Rhodes but one of the more vocal supporters on to discuss. It could give a great insight into how people who don’t see twitter as a creative outlet view the people who do.

• Like 1