🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 84 —Double or Nothing

It’s an episode of firsts as Todd Glass, Anthony King, Alex Fernie, and Ben Rodgers join Matt Besser for a special improv5humans! They’ll find themselves stranded in the middle of the ocean, explore the world of Civil War reenactors, and learn how to properly use social media. Be sure to pick up an improv4humans shirt from the Earwolf Store and follow @MattBesser on Twitter to send in your improv suggestions. Music by Bobby Matthews and Dragoon. You can also now get Matt Besser’s new comedy album “Woo Pig Sooie: Comedy for Atheists” at mattbesser.com and Dragoon’s new album “This Galaxy Is But A Nursery” at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com!

How many times is Todd going to interrupt a scene to direct it? I'm about to find out.

(I adore Todd and his podcast. The above is not meant to be dickish.)

• Like 4

How many times is Todd going to interrupt a scene to direct it? I'm about to find out.

I know exactly what you mean, I mean sometimes on his podcast he'll just declare "Ok, that bit's over", or he'll start directing it and make the guest do it in 50 different ways. That's really what makes the Todd Glass Show so awesome to me. I'm curious as to how he'll be on here.

Matt's delight at the rasta banana story was awesome. Glass was super fun. Keep it up!

"Kill? mmmm.... stun we could consider."

Todd Glass trying to suppress laughter off-mic is one of the most beautiful sounds in the world

• Like 4

Hey! That wasn't Roswell! That was Groom Lake, Nevada! Area 51 and Roswell aren't the same place! Roswell's a town in New Mexico! People live there! There are restaurants! It's a tourist destination! Area 51's a bunch of desert and nothingness and also a secret military base!

/pedantry

"We're the Bailouts!!"

Well he didn't get to stop scenes to talk about them but at least he got in a reference to loving pussy.

• Like 3

I think I might have heard that distracting-clothing-detention setup before...

Awesome ep. Loved hearing Todd. The dog was thoroughly satisfied with this one.

• Like 1

Todd was so awesome in this.

The cliffhanger ending of the carnival scene was priceless.

Once again, I4H kills it.

• Like 1

Well he didn't get to stop scenes to talk about them but at least he got in a reference to loving pussy.

The deconstruction of the T-shirt and it's meaning was priceless. Totally golden.

• Like 1

I think I might have heard that distracting-clothing-detention setup before...

Both times that set-up has yielded amazing scenes. The previous has Wengert saying he's wearing pool floaties because he has to, "swim through all the bull shit." Fart Scientist is the episode if anyone is wondering.

• Like 2

I, like everyone, assumed Todd might be a bit of a scene hog, but he was perfect for the show and seemed to have a blast.

My bigger moment of surprise, however, was a callback to "Little Man" with the introduction of Big Man!

• Like 1

Did Jeff and Scott send out a memo stipulating that every Earwolf show has to cover that carnival story?

Good episode, especially impressed with Todd, who I wasn't aware does improv other than the usual silliness on his show referenced above.

OH! I saw Matt on the show he was talking about! It's Donald Faison's competition prank show!

http://www.tbs.com/shows/who-gets-the-last-laugh/

I honestly can't say I watched it, I just saw Matt on the tv near the end of the show and yelled "Matt Besser!" but then they announced that he (spoiler alert) did not win.

• Like 3

Enjoyed this one.

Just out of curiosity, is Todd Glass the first guest the show has had who doesn't really come out of a significant, formal improv comedy training background? Maybe there have been others that I'm forgetting -- I don't know. But, if this is a new direction that the show may start heading in, does this potentially open the door for an eventual Paul F. Tompkins appearance as part of his quest to appear on every comedy podcast in the world?

• Like 1

I hope Scottabot didn't listen to this episode, because if he did Matt is going to get his improv card revoked again for "M. Day Shyamalan"!

• Like 3

Enjoyed this one.

Just out of curiosity, is Todd Glass the first guest the show has had who doesn't really come out of a significant, formal improv comedy training background? Maybe there have been others that I'm forgetting -- I don't know. But, if this is a new direction that the show may start heading in, does this potentially open the door for an eventual Paul F. Tompkins appearance as part of his quest to appear on every comedy podcast in the world?

Scott Aukerman was on one episode. He's not really an improv performer, per se (despite CBB using a lot of improv for its humor)?

• Like 3

2 things I never get tired of: Besser's "guy yelling from the background" voice and when Besser's character slaps someone. (Bonus when the other improver takes a beat to realize their character just got slapped)

• Like 7