🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 84 —Double or Nothing

Scott Aukerman was on one episode. He's not really an improv performer, per se (despite CBB using a lot of improv for its humor)?

Yes, you're right. I didn't really give that enough consideration, though -- to be fair -- I think that that episode occurred during the week that Scott Aukerman appeared on every show on the earwolf network in order to promote the new CBB TV show (formats be damned). So, that was sort of a special case.

I wasn't expecting a Cumberland Farms anecdote. They're all over the place in Maine, so much so that I forget they aren't nationwide.

If anyone is curious, they have good slushies but everything else is as shitty as you'd expect from a gas station.

Enjoyed this one.

Just out of curiosity, is Todd Glass the first guest the show has had who doesn't really come out of a significant, formal improv comedy training background? Maybe there have been others that I'm forgetting -- I don't know. But, if this is a new direction that the show may start heading in, does this potentially open the door for an eventual Paul F. Tompkins appearance as part of his quest to appear on every comedy podcast in the world?

i'd personally love to see how adomian would fare on I4H. the way he brilliantly rolls with the punches on sklars and cbb with his characters makes me think he could be great.

• Like 7

PFT and Adomian would be great. But I think the real (non-related) question is - why haven't Jason Mantzoukas and Jessica St. Clair been back on the show? Their episode with Lennon Parham was classic.

• Like 4

Bill and Ted from the gas station sound like excellent dudes.

There are strange things afoot at THAT Circle K.

Oh, wow, I was under the impression Adomian was trained in improv. Fooled me. I enjoyed Todd, he wasn't as structurally sound as the other improvisers which makes me think that's why this was an improv5humans. Wasn't Aukerman's show also a i5h?

This was an extremely entertaining episode though and would absolutely advocate PFT and Adomian making appearances just because they're so quick and seem to know how to find "the game" and keep it going. Also it'd be nice to see Aziz Ansari show up, too. I believe he started out in UCB.

Oh, wow, I was under the impression Adomian was trained in improv. Fooled me. I enjoyed Todd, he wasn't as structurally sound as the other improvisers which makes me think that's why this was an improv5humans. Wasn't Aukerman's show also a i5h?

Yes, I'm pretty sure it was Saucerman, David Koechner, Will Forte and Danielle Schneider.

Great episode!

Great episode!

Except for their tragic misuse of the word "catchment".

• Like 2

I was so stoked at how Todd did in this one. He really held back when he felt he couldn't help the scene and didn't push in at all. I honestly didn't know he had that in him and it's great to hear him (or not) do it. I loved how he got his confidence going toward the end. I too remembered the detention scene and loved that it took a totally different direction right off the bat.

Great stuff!

• Like 1