🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
denimgremlin

Christmas Vacation 2: Uncle Eddie's Island Adventure

I don't know if HDTGM does straight to dvd releases but this thing is fucking insane. It's in all ways terrible, but i think it's noteworthy in it's relationship to the Vacation series.

There's tons of gold to be mined for the HDTGM crew, radioactive monkey bites, ed asner as a pervy molester grandpa, horrible green screen shots, and maybe most weird, it has dana barron reprising her role as audry from the first movie, even though this is technically a sequal to the second movie, which shes not in.

I think we're just asked to accept that they're always the same kids, despite being portrayed by different actors (and the fact that they sometimes de-age in subsequent films).

Believe it or not, this was not a direct-to-DVD movie but was in fact a made-for-TV movie for NBC. NBC actually believed people wanted to watch this.

I think we're just asked to accept that they're always the same kids, despite being portrayed by different actors (and the fact that they sometimes de-age in subsequent films).

Believe it or not, this was not a direct-to-DVD movie but was in fact a made-for-TV movie for NBC. NBC actually believed people wanted to watch this.

They even SWITCH ages too. Rusty had been older in the first couple of films I think, but then in "Christmas Vacation", they swapped! If it hadn't been that way before, it was at least more noticeable in the third one.

that makes it all the wierder that she comes back to play that character!

also that makes total sense that it was a made for tv movie, it has a bunch of random fade to black moments that are clearly commercial breaks. i recently had to watch it for work, i do quality control for VOD content. so clearly they still think people want to see this.

Sign in to follow this