🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
jarrycanada

Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man (1991)

Harley Davidson and the Marlboro man

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0102005

Do I really even need to say anything about this movie. this was the last stepping stone before the down fall of Mickey Rourke's career for me. This is that time traveling moment that everything got weird with Mickey.

what a great trailer..

Yes, absolutely true, this movie saw the beginning of the downfall of Mickey Rourke's movie career, until The Wrestler managed to resurrect it.

"The tuff biker Harley and his no less tuff Cowboy friend Marlboro learn that an old friend of them will lose his bar, because a bank wants to build a new complex there and demands 2.5 million dollars for a new contract in advance. Harley and Marlboro decide to help him by robbing the corrupt bank. Unfortunately they target the wrong safety transport and get hold of an amount of a new synthetic drug. Now they are targeted both by criminal bankers and killers of the drug mob." - IMDB

But wait there's more - who are our stars? None other than Mickey Rourke and Don Johnson, with support from Daniel Baldwin and Tom Sizemore.

Here's just a little taste:

FIvS3mQ.jpg

I saw this last year and I found it to be pretty terrible, plus I did not expect that Simon Wincer was the guy who directed that movie before he had done "Free Willy" and "The Phantom" respectively, and it even has a very early Vanessa Williams role, a pre-"Wayne's World" Tia Carrere and a post-"Masters of the Universe" Chelsea Field. That is one heck of an interesting cast who found themselves drawn to this project.

Based on the poster, Rourke doesn't look like a Harley guy at all. It looks like he's dressed to race some fast little street bike. Hell, Johnson looks more like he should be on that thing.

So I think with Chelsea Field's recent emergence into HDTGM fame, this movie deserves a bump.

• Like 1

So I think with Chelsea Field's recent emergence into HDTGM fame, this movie deserves a bump.

And we still have "Last Boy Scout" that would also be great.

• Like 1

I almost forgot about this movie.

What kind of jackass wears a cowboy hat on a motorcycle?

harley-davidson-and-the-marlboro-man.jpg

I can't remember if I've ever seen "The Last Boy Scout"

Yes, absolutely true, this movie saw the beginning of the downfall of Mickey Rourke's movie career, until The Wrestler managed to resurrect it.

See I remember Sin City being the start of his short resurrection. I remember there were even people saying he should have gotten a Best Supporting Actor Oscar nod for the role.Yet after the Wrestler, he has now fallen back to his old pattern of straight-to-DVD dreck.

• Like 2

Was gonna wholeheartedly suggest this flick based on the Chelsea Field theme....but Landolph shot first...

So I just watched this for the first time and it is not at all what I had expected. I knew that it took place in the (then) future of 1996 and that the characters were literally named Harley Davidson, Marlboro Man and Virginia Slim so I had assumed that it was going to be some sort of post-apocalyptic future where people had reinvented themselves with product names. Nope, that's not it at all. It seems like the only reason that they set this in the future was to invent some new drug with a new way of delivery. There is ZERO reason to have this take place in 1996, and there is nothing remotely futuristic about this movie. They could have set it in 1991 and had the drug be heroin or cocaine, but instead it's 1996 with crystal dream that you rub in your eyes to get high. Really, the problem I have with these is that they are mentioned in the movie and talked about as if important plot points, but ultimately have zero payoff and ultimately just seems to be a weird choice. Without these two elements it's just a pretty run of the mill buddy heist-gone-wrong movie

This would be a good one to do. They could spend an entire episode just making fun of the henchmen in bulletproof trench coats.

What kind of jackass wears a cowboy hat on a motorcycle?

The Marlboro Man duh.

• Like 1

They would not say on...... I swear to god I've never seen a biker with cowboy bottles.

and we've got Real Hell's angels bikers riding around this area of the city.. They wear the robber bottem biker boots like you see Arnold wearing in T2.

Unless you got rubber bottoms added to them I guess. I knew a girl that did that with cowboy bottles, she didn't know any better.

Sign in to follow this