πŸ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Γ—
JulyDiaz

Episode 223 β€” Roll Over, Seth Rogen

I agree that the straight interview shows might not be quite as fun, but Seth is an affable guy so this one was great to listen to.

Β 

Although, I'll probably skip the real WTF today because it also features Seth. I think this CBB ep gave me a full enough picture of the movie.

The WTF was great in a different way. Not deep at all. More Superbad talk trhan anything

Oh my god! My plugs theme is in this episode!

Β 

I am probably way too excited about this than is healthy (being a big CBB fan helps too) But if anyone is interested in some LINKAGE, it's my band Sally (not a person but a band name) and the Plugs theme is here:

Β 

Β 

And we have our debut EP for FREE on bandcamp here:

Β 

http://sallyband.bandcamp.com/

Β 

And we crave Facebook likes here: https://www.facebook.com/sallyband

Β 

Sorry for the PLUGS but this is probably a once in a lifetime thing!

Β 

Woo I'm so excited (and I...just can't...hide it?)

• Like 5

Sly Game of Thrones reference in the stamps.com ad, Aukerman

Also, did I misunderstand or was Brian Huskey supposed to be the second guest? I thought Scott mentioned he had his flight delayed so he couldn't show up, which would alleviate people's concern about the 1 guest thing happening again.

Β 

Hard to say, but my understanding was that he had recently sent an invite to Brian, and Brian responded during the show, so Scott mentioned it since they had already discussed Brian on the show.

Β 

Anyway, I thought it was a delightful episode. Obviously the usual character episodes are great, but I agree that a change of pace is nice sometimes, and I thought Seth was a great guest since he was able to semi-seriously discuss his movie, but was also totally on board with the goofier stuff, and was funny and personable throughout. I was also glad to finally hear the return of What Am I Thinking? and FMK.

I enjoy as FMK and What am I Thinking? as much as anyone, but I feel like this would have been a great chance to play Alive or Dead.

• Like 1

this was such a funny podcast, and it wasn't just the interview stuff but there is laugh after laugh after laugh. there's all sorts of plot things and plot changes and it was not just a podcast about jokes, but there were cool relationships and its actually kind of about friendships.

Β 

Seth Rogan has to be on the show again. He has a huge dick joke/pop culture encyclopedia.

• Like 1

If this was the only type of episode CBB was going to be doing, I would feel the need to complain, but since it's just a once in a while thing it doesn't really bother me at all. I thought it was an enjoyable light-hearted interview. I laughed a lot.

Β 

There's an episode every week, and the multi-guest/character format doesn't seem to be going anywhere anytime soon, so I don't know why people are so critical of this kinda once in a while thing.

• Like 1

Has Scott ever been called Hot Chocolateman? Asking for a friend.

• Like 1

"I'm in love, I'm in love, I'm in love, I'm in love... That's right, I'm in love! Not with Kulap..."

Β 

Aukerman's advertisements are the greatest. He should be a star on that Harry's World: Mad Men with Juan Hammon.

Laughed so hard when you read my WYR question. Thanks so much. & I love how you kind of end up with wet farts either way.

I hope the next time Patton Oswalt is on, Scott mentions that he's now successfully conducted full-hour one-on-one interviews with a couple other comedians, so that the "unexpected" intrusion will be even more "frustrating."

• Like 3

Now that CBBTV has wrapped I'm sure we'll be seeing much more Thursday episodes and probably a return of CBB to the live stream.

Β 

Β 

I am all for any version of CBB which gets my twitter more airtime

• Like 1

I dunno, guys, I'm fine with the promo stuff. I like Scott, and they use guests that are suitable for the CBB audience...so it's still fun. Sometimes, I like the conversations in CBB over the characters

• Like 1

Fuck me. I just saw This Is The End. I have new found respect for Seth Rogen. I knew he was funny, I didn't know that he could make ooze tears of laughter. It was one of the first comedy films that didn't blow all it's good jokes in the trailer. I was constantly laughing. The girl next to me was curled into a ball, covering her eyes, and laughing all at the same time. Do your self a favor and go see this film.

PS:I have never heard the phrase "titty-fuck" used so much in a major motion picture. I

• Like 1

I didn't mind the one-on-one thing, but I'm in the majority camp that prefers the default format.

Β 

I don't think anyone here is being a dick about it – we’re all here because we love the podcast, and if there's a recent trend (infinity more 1-on-1 "serious" interviews for the whole show in the last two months than ever before) happening, I don't think some gentle pushback is out of place.

Β 

Passing notes:

Β 

β€’ Holy crap, is Seth Rogen affable.

β€’ Does he laugh that much in regular casual conversations in real life? Was he nervous in the presence of Aukerman?

β€’ I... actually prefer one-man Would You Rather in some ways, which is unexpected

β€’ I sort of wish they didn't have the guest photos on the main page or in the podcast header – it's basically a spoiler that this is really going to be a one-hour one-on-one, instead of the awesome Oswalt/Richter eps

Seemed like there were a lot more ads than usual in this episode.

Β 

I'm sure the movie will be funny, but I'm just not amped up about it. I hope it's good though.

Yeah, This is the End is great.

Β 

tumblr_ll80n7NDKU1qzbl7f.gif

Β 

See it. Furreals.

When Scott and Seth were playing what am I thinking the first word I thought of was pineapple. Truth.

Did anyone else go and look up the creepy rapture film Scott was talking about? I had an inkling to do so today and found it on youtube...

I wish I could have seen it in theatres, but humour is difficult to translate between languages, so I won't be expecting it in Korean theatres.