🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 64 — After Earth

But all he did was talk about his career and the movies he's made and tell us how we can buy those movies. Also, the Q and A section was just actors handing him their headshots and resumes. It was atrocious.

Que lastima! Doesn't he prefer to use actors from his previous films? I assume he was making the "Spike face" the whole time people were giving him head-shots. I've never had the chance to see him speak in person, even though I'm in ATL a lot. I would love to, since I think he's one of the most out-spoken and intelligent directors/producer/writers ever. Other than supporting Will I can't think of any reason why he would want to be near the premiere of this movie.

Another thing that drove me crazy in this movie is that Will says he can see everything Jaden sees, but then he's always asking him what he sees. What now?

• Like 1

What really confused me is why everybody chose not to use guns. If you had guns, you wouldn't even have to worry about hiding your fear, because you could just kill the Ursas without even getting near them!

Also, why are the aliens called Ursas? The name suggests that they are bear-like in some way, yet they look and act absolutely nothing like bears.

Screen_shot_2013_06_11_at_10_47_26_AM.png

HOW MANY INBOXES DO YOU NEED???

Also, why are the aliens called Ursas? The name suggests that they are bear-like in some way, yet they look and act absolutely nothing like bears.

"They are bear-like in some way"

"Bear-like in some way". Dying over here.

• Like 1

PFT's laughter makes every podcast he appears on. Its scientifically proven.

Even though I agree with you, I think we should make it clear that you are not, in fact, a scientist.

• Like 7

"They are bear-like in some way"

"Bear-like in some way". Dying over here.

Err, did I use that hyphen correctly? Is it bearlike or bear-like?

Oh boy, I need a PFT template. Earbear? Dost thou have the time to make one?

PFT demands a background that vibes with his distinct, timeless style, so I bucked the convention and dropped in a nice pinstripe fabric. Couldn't decide between blue and maroon, so here's both...

2zzkksz.jpg

2jh9s.jpg

This reminds me, I desperately need to carve out some time to do those CoMEMEdy Bang Bang macros I've been thinking of...

• Like 5

Man oh man. So many quotes:

HOW MANY INBOXES DO YOU NEED???

I only need one. I work for Auburn U though and they "require" that I use their email system. Same for Oregon State U, they say I need to use their system. The gmail is the mine, and I have had it for years and years.

Even though I agree with you, I think we should make it clear that you are not, in fact, a scientist.

Dayum, this bit is my jam. Unfortunately I am a scientist, not a "forensic investigator/psychologist?"

PFT demands a background that vibes with his distinct, timeless style, so I bucked the convention and dropped in a nice pinstripe fabric. Couldn't decide between blue and maroon, so here's both...

This reminds me, I desperately need to carve out some time to do those CoMEMEdy Bang Bang macros I've been thinking of...

The pinstripe is pretty much exactly what it looked like in my head. Holy shit, if anyone needs me I'll just be making memes for the next 6 hours.

JadenWalle.jpg

YES. When they were describing the introduction to this movie, I was like "Did these fucking people rip off Wall-E?!?"

June, you are wonderful, I can't wait for you to explain how Howard the Duck interdimensional transporters work. And Shout Out to the call back for "What is a Street Fighter?" and for the guys realizing June was about to say something amazing.

• Like 2

I love how PFT mentioned the weirdly formal greeting Paul and June give each other at the beginning of the podcast, I've always found that unnerving too.

• Like 3

Err, did I use that hyphen correctly? Is it bearlike or bear-like?

No, no, I just found that particular turn of phrase hilarious and I liked that you were pondering that concept.

"They are bear-like in some way". I can totally imagine Howard Kremer from Whooch making that a song.

♪ are they bear-like in some way (NOPE)

♫maybe it could be that they're gay (NOPE)

♪ possibly they might live in caves (NOPE)

♫then why do they have that name? (DUNNO)

Oh no!!! That clip of Will Smith on Tavis Smiley is the greatest! Tavis is like, "What the hell is this man saying to me right now?!!?!!

http://youtu.be/JQodPufvdok

QywyXjN.jpg

"I am so connected to the symbolism of turning lead into gold, like how my Gramma used to make lemonade."

XvN0xHK.jpg

"..."

• Like 3

I would like to now point out that Bruce is, in fact, a scientist.

• Like 2

Whenever Jason baits June, I couldn't help but "see" this.

3utbm9.jpg

• Like 10

Fashion Diversity! June and Paul stop off at the podcast on the way to the gym, Jason wears the one shirt he owns and PFT suits up like a god damn boss. Love it.

• Like 1

No, no, I just found that particular turn of phrase hilarious and I liked that you were pondering that concept.

"They are bear-like in some way". I can totally imagine Howard Kremer from Whooch making that a song.

My theory about the name (yes, I actually have a theory about this) is that when writing the movie, Will Smith believed that bears could smell fear.

"I heard that there were these things called Ursas in After Earth, so I went hoping I could get to see some bears. Sadly, the movie had no bears whatsoever. Unacceptable. 0/10 stars." - Some guy who really likes bears

Guys, I think I've found the ancient matriarch of the House Raige (Rage) ...

Former Death Row rapper and Virginia native,

Lady of Rage

rage-sm.jpg

• Like 3

QywyXjN.jpg

"I am so connected to the symbolism of turning lead into gold, like how my Gramma used to make lemonade."

XvN0xHK.jpg

"..."

LOL, that interview cracked me so much because you can see in Tavis' eyes, he's like, "Whaaaaaaa?" I also I like to believe that in the breaks, he called up Cornell West and they had a joke or two at Will's expense.

Guys, I think I've found the ancient matriarch of the House Raige (Rage) ...

Former Death Row rapper and Virginia native,

Lady of Rage

rage-sm.jpg

I was thinking that the various Raige family name sounds like something out of Crow-inspired goth fiction.

I was thinking that the various Raige family name sounds like something out of Crow-inspired goth fiction.[/center]

All of them sound like weird names you would give anime characters. But Will Smith's character was named Cypher, in honor of the ancient cyphers that his great-great-great-great-great grandmother used to wreck.

• Like 1

As much as I loved the episode (and make no mistake, it is great), was anyone else a little bit disappointed because it is now less likely that PFT will be doing Smurfs 2?

As much as I loved the episode (and make no mistake, it is great), was anyone else a little bit disappointed because it is now less likely that PFT will be doing Smurfs 2?

Earwolf removed The Smurfs episode from the archive after an unnamed person asked them to do so.

So the chances of a Smurfs 2 episode were already next to nothing.