🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

I just watched Gattaca for the first time recently, and it was laughably bad. This was particularly odd, considering the movie's reputation and positive reviews (e.g. 82% on RottenTomatoes).

From the plain ol' stupid dialogue to the weird gyroscope machines the character use to exercise, this movie is a disaster. I thought the "space exploration" text book Ethan Hawke reads was a particularly good touch. Definitely worth checking out for some genuine what the fuck moments.

My guess is that people like this movie because the plot is pretty interesting, but the movie is just horribly executed.

The very idea that someone would suggest this movie causes me to make this face

tumblr_mne5xzGiOl1s21q4zo3_250_zps446bec79.gif

• Like 2

The dialogue can be cheesy occasionally, but I really liked this movie.

The very idea that someone would suggest this movie causes me to make this face

tumblr_mne5xzGiOl1s21q4zo3_250_zps446bec79.gif

I don't know hy, but I got sort of a proto-Dinklage vibe from that guy's face.

• Like 1

Dude!! you think Gattaca is a bad film?? Wow!! I think you are the first person I have come across, who feels this. I think it's one of the best films ever.

Yeah, I think it's pretty fantastic. It's nice to get a smart sci-fi movie that doesn't have to be couched in action or horror and just about it's effect on humanity. There's a slight thriller element, but it's really more of a drama and a well done one at that.