🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 176 — No Thanks, Clayton!

He’s a talented performer and improv actor whom you know from the hilarious NTSF:SD:SUV on Adult Swim – BRANDON JOHNSON came on and we talk about growing up in St. Louis, why professors dating students is a no-go, how shoplifting looks to the employees of The Gap, and oh yeah, DEAD PARENTS! Enjoy!

Brandon is the best! Also loved the vibrato sound effects!

You missed an opportunity to ask him about the bald vagina question. Brandon paused for so long, I thought my internet connection had dropped and the podcast had stopped streaming.

I would simply like to reiterate my position from last year:

Holy shit, Brandon Johnson was an amazing guest. He should be on every podcast all the time.

Love the podcast and was excited to see that Brandon Johnson was on it this week since I had just listened to him on Comedy Bang Bang and he's very good in everything I've ever seen him in etc etc.

BUT.

What's with the sweeping stereotypes about the British? Did people in London meet him and go, "Hi Brandon, so I hear you're a warmongering American imperialist piece of scum?"

Brandon, I can guarantee that you're welcome in London, you must have been hanging out with the wrong people.

It's surprising that he had such an adverse reaction to London after he was talking about his neighbourhood in St Louis being a 'melting pot' of different cultures. I am absolutely CERTAIN that London has a more diverse demographic make-up in terms of ethnicity than St Louis. Not that it's a competition (it's not a competition, right?) London isn't just made up of a bunch of white actors and actresses who are plotting to go to Hollywood to steal jobs from Americans. Honest.

Then there's his theory that America is the only place talented people from around the world go if they want to make it. Talk about an actor's perspective.

It's funny that he was having arguments with British people about which country is the most 'warmongering' and 'imperialist' when in the last 13 years the British and American governments have both supported each other in just about every military action you can think of. Whether or not you agree with these wars it would probably look rather amusing to someone in say, Baghdad, if they were to witness an American and a British person argue over which country is the most imperialist or warmongering.

I particularly liked the 'zinger' Brandon used against those pesky British who were apparently accusing him of being the sole architect of modern US foreign policy:

"No, no, no. You guys are imperialist. And you're still imperialist. And you believe in a queen. What's next, werewolves, witches?"

British people don't just "believe in a queen," Brandon; they have a queen. Unlike werewolves and vampires, she exists. She's a little old lady who lives in a big house with a lot of dogs. Seriously. I wouldn't lie about something so important.

Anyway, what the FUCK am I talking about. I'm essentially having an argument with myself at this point.

To conclude this essay I would like to declare that I continue to be a staunch supporter of Elizabeth Laime, side-kick Andy (who for a long time I actually thought was known as 'Psychic Andy,' and I was surprised every week when he didn't seem to be reading the guest's mind) and even Brandon Johnson (as long as he's not talking about his visit to London).

Thanks, bye.

• Like 1

I woild post one every TLP about how awesome the laime duo are but eventually it'd get creepy but yeah they're a wonderful couple. I always love listening to something like The Champs Podcast then switching to TLP which is a completely different flavor but connected by awkward sound drops (until recently)

I woild post one every TLP about how awesome the laime duo are but eventually it'd get creepy but yeah they're a wonderful couple. I always love listening to something like The Champs Podcast then switching to TLP which is a completely different flavor but connected by awkward sound drops (until recently)

Yeah, we miss Doug.

Sign in to follow this