🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 174 — Stereotypical Pet Names

Noah Garfinkel returns to make a new Thanksgiving tradition with Andrew and to discuss the topic of people naming their black animals using stereotypical names. Be sure to call us at (323) 389-RACE to ask if anything is racist.

My pet rescue has been responsible for giving Chihuahuas the names Carlos and Mario. I apologize for helping to perpetuate this.

• Like 1

You should name your Chihuahuas Gordito and Chimichanga so everyone will think you're super racist. Then you can be like "No, I was just being IRONICALLY RACIST" and everyone will hate you even more. I think this is a great idea.

• Like 2

You should name your Chihuahuas Gordito and Chimichanga so everyone will think you're super racist. Then you can be like "No, I was just being IRONICALLY RACIST" and everyone will hate you even more. I think this is a great idea.

can you even conceive of a circumstance where someone is going to be hurt that a person named his dog after food or is this an instance of a michael scott-level reluctance to reference that things are from mexico

Just don't name animals after people, yall.

When you run a pet rescue, you need lots of names at the ready because you never know when 10 cats are going to come in.

can you even conceive of a circumstance where someone is going to be hurt that a person named his dog after food or is this an instance of a michael scott-level reluctance to reference that things are from mexico

Hurt? I don't know, but if I met someone who named their Chihuahua "Chimichanga" I would do what I could to not have to talk to that person ever again.

• Like 2

When you run a pet rescue, you need lots of names at the ready because you never know when 10 cats are going to come in.

Hurt? I don't know, but if I met someone who named their Chihuahua "Chimichanga" I would do what I could to not have to talk to that person ever again.

You have to forgive, Hyde. The biggest racists on the planet, to him, are Black Student Unions that use the Papyrus font for their flyers. He has a very skewed way of looking at things.

• Like 1

I don't think mentioning the frequent use of a font by black college organizations in a post intended to highlight the absurdity of declaring racial moratoriums on type-faces is quite the same thing as deeming black student organizations racist for using that font.

edit: woops, forgot, arguing with ST - yeah i totally said that thing i didnt say sry to whitesplain

My post was implying that by using names like "Chimichanga" and "Gordito" would probably mean that they were naming them after their favorite Taco Bell items. Although maybe my references are outdated, because I haven't been in a Taco Bell in over 10 years. I will give you guys the benefit of the doubt and assume my cultural references are too out of date for the young users to pick up on them, rather than you just being intentionally dense.

Am I so out of touch?

No. It's the children who are wrong.

Sign in to follow this