🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 85.5 — Bonus Cut: Yo, Is "Yo, Is This Racist?" Racist?

At what point did I "admit that the close-minded racists" outnumber the progressives? In fact, I believe I said the opposite. Homophobia is present in every race and religion. I agree things need to change and that there are ignorant people in the South (as there is EVERYWHERE else), but to put a blanket racist label on an entire state or region is just not reasonable.

Also, it's "women" and "getting."

I'll tell you exactly where I got this idea from. Key parts highlighted below.

The fallacy in your argument about the passed anti-gay bill is that gay people are not a race of people. I understand that I said that I know a lot of progressive people in NC, but what I never said was that those people outnumber the conservative Christian element, which does not equate to everyone being racist

If those progressive people don't outnumber the idiots then that means that your state government is made up racist assholes. It means you pass laws denying civil rights. Who cares that Cary is a open-mined place when it is a STATE POLICY to deny your humanity?

No, my argument is that, no matter how few exceptions there are, it sucks to call someone a racist asshole without knowing they deserve it. You just keep making up stupid shit, and pretending that's what everyone else is saying.

Nope, that's pretty much what you said the first time.

Racism is a series of sweeping generalizations that shit on large groups of people who don't deserve it. So saying these sweeping generalizations is just fine is problematic because you're condoning the problem that forms the roots of racism. Making assumptions based on locations is just as irrationally intolerant as racism.

When people say Arkansas is racist, it is just as bad as racism.

My stereotype is that "You Mad" is to internet replies as the "Hitler Extrapolation" is to actual conversations. Once it gets brought out, I know I can stop caring what you have to say. I'm comfortable with that bit of stereotyping.

• Like 1

Ok people, ultimately sorts of debates are for white hipsters to hash out among themselves because they are trying to impress other hipsters about a) the place they came from or b ) the place they live now. That's why Besser and pretty much all of the people whining on this thread about "racism" in calling X place racist don't take into stock what the minority residents of said place have to say about anything. That's why Besser glossed over the housing segregation issue in Chicago real quick. The opinions of the actual victims of racism don't really matter in a "debate" like this, because this is about changing other white people's perceptions of X place, not actually changing what is happening in X place. That's why Chicago can still have 1940s style housing segregation and all of the supposedly "progressive" white folks don't do anything about it...because other white folks have convinced them that the town is not racist and everything is cool.

Nope. Look closer.

This is the second time you've done this, just say what you want to say instead of pretending there's some salient point everyone missed.

• Like 1

My stereotype is that "You Mad" is to internet replies as the "Hitler Extrapolation" is to actual conversations. Once it gets brought out, I know I can stop caring what you have to say. I'm comfortable with that bit of stereotyping.

Haven't you been reading this thread??!!!!! You just made a generalization and generalizations are the underpinning to ALL RACISM!!!! What you just said was racist to people who like to post gifs.

• Like 1

I don't take kindly to people who don't take kindly to postin gifs now y'all

Bruce, it was horrible! When THEY said they were going to ignore me because I posted a gif....I felt invisible, unwanted, unloved. Now I truly know how the Native American feels.

James-Van-Der-Beek-Crying-On-Dawsons-Creek-Gif.gif

Ok people, ultimately sorts of debates are for white hipsters to hash out among themselves because they are trying to impress other hipsters about a) the place they came from or b ) the place they live now.

a)I'm from Maine

B) I currently live in Maine

I've mentioned Maine once before, and very briefly. I have not attacked or defended Maine based on racism or anything else in this whole discussion. It shouldn't be that easy to disprove you logic.

Anyway, this is all pointless. Obviously no one's convincing anyone to change their minds. So why don't we all just get along and unite against our common enemy: JEWS.

I'll tell you exactly where I got this idea from. Key parts highlighted below.

If those progressive people don't outnumber the idiots then that means that your state government is made up racist assholes. It means you pass laws denying civil rights. Who cares that Cary is a open-mined place when it is a STATE POLICY to deny your humanity?

This is the last I'll say on the issue as I don't have all day to argue on an Earwolf message board. I was simply saying that your argument that a law passed that is homophobic means everyone is racist, when, in reality, homophobia exists amongst sectors of all races.

I understand your upset, Shariq. And I understand that there is reason for people to be upset about the racism AND homophobic problem in this country. My point simply was that I don't like being pigeonholed by a person who lives 5,000 miles away as a racist simply because my home is North Carolina.

• Like 1

a)I'm from Maine

B) I currently live in Maine

I've mentioned Maine once before, and very briefly. I have not attacked or defended Maine based on racism or anything else in this whole discussion. It shouldn't be that easy to disprove you logic.

Anyway, this is all pointless. Obviously no one's convincing anyone to change their minds. So why don't we all just get along and unite against our common enemy: JEWS.

Oh, well, I guess then you're a guy who doesn't like any white person being labeled as racist, even if they deserve it.

It was a bit lame for Besser to do this without having Andrew Ti on to defend himself--since they do both host shows on Earwolf. Then again, the YITR? episode took shots at frequent Earwolf guest Nick Kroll.

Oh, well, I guess then you're a guy who doesn't like any white person being labeled as racist, even if they deserve it.

My argument is that, no matter how few exceptions there are, it sucks to call someone a racist asshole without knowing they deserve it.

I don't know who to believe!

Wow, this thread went crazy! Whenever Shariq shows up you know it's gonna get silly. Yo, Shariq is racist!!!

• Like 1

This is the last I'll say on the issue as I don't have all day to argue on an Earwolf message board. I was simply saying that your argument that a law passed that is homophobic means everyone is racist, when, in reality, homophobia exists amongst sectors of all races.

I understand your upset, Shariq. And I understand that there is reason for people to be upset about the racism AND homophobic problem in this country. My point simply was that I don't like being pigeonholed by a person who lives 5,000 miles away as a racist simply because my home is North Carolina.

Then convince your fellow racist and homophobic citizens to stop acting like idiots. Then you won't be lumped in with them. But hey, take heart in this -- you can always leave N.C. and no one will ever be the wiser. For other minorities, they'd have to change their skin color, their gender, or their sexual orientation to get away from their oppression. All you have to do is call a mover. So, understand when they look at your "grievances" about being "stereotyped" with an eyeroll.

• Like 1

Wow, this thread went crazy! Whenever Shariq shows up you know it's gonna get silly. Yo, Shariq is racist!!!

Aren't you the guy that said if you see racism, then you are racist? I think that little nugget of stupidity was from you.

I don't know who to believe!

What's hard to understand? You said you were from Maine and live in Maine. So I put out an alternative explanation for why the hell you're so up in arms about this. Was I correct?

What's hard to understand? You said you were from Maine and live in Maine. So I put out an alternative explanation for why the hell you're so up in arms about this. Was I correct?

Nope! I was bored! But now I'm not! Goodbye!

Aren't you the guy that said if you see racism, then you are racist? I think that little nugget of stupidity was from you.

I didn't say that. Wrong human. Get your facts straight.

Racist!

(forgot my hat)

Goodbye!

Nothing racist about it at all. Unless you're just one of those people that see race in everything.

I didn't say that. Wrong human. Get your facts straight.

You're right! You're the one that said black people were racist against you because you liked metal music or some such bullshit. And also, you used the Newt Gingrich approved term "reverse racist" to describe people who point out racism.

Sign in to follow this