🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
justinmh05

Underrated guests

I'm curious to see who you CBB nuts think are the most underrated guests - recurring or not. The Paul F. Tompkins, Farts and Pro crew, Gillian Jacobs, James Adomiams and Andy Dalys of the world get tons of acclaim - and rightfully so!

But I also think there are quite a few guests who have flown under the radar, while still being fantastic on the show.

I'd say David Wain tops my list. I think he and Scott have perfect chemistry, and he always seems game for whatever hijinks go on. The epic Paul Rudd/Ken Marino/Wain rap battle comes to mind.

Eddie Pepitone was also pretty amazing in his two character appearances. In particular, the undercover count-terrorism agent who was stationed in diners was one of the funniest bits ever on the show IMO.

And finally, Aimee Mann lived up to her reputation as "a friend of comedy" in her appearances, during the show's early run. Why hasn't she been back, Saucerman?!?!

Pepitone is indeed fantastic.

For someone who has (I think) appeared on more shows than anyone and is always great, I feel like Andy Richter doesn't quite get his due with the likes of the people you listed.

Oh yeah, Andy is great. Although hopefully soon we can get Rocky Richter on the show.

Oh man, that would be amazing. I think he varies the vocal affectations on Rocky and Emmett just enough that it could work.

You didn't mention Nick Kroll, Matt Besser, Lennon Parham, or Jessica St. Clair, but they get plenty of acclaim so I would hardly call them underrated.

Tig Notaro! I want to hear her on CBB again. I know she's on Professor Blast-Off and everything, but her CBB appearances are some of the funniest stuff ever. The one with her and Bob Ducca is still maybe my favorite of all time.

Tom Lennon always is hilarious, as Li'l Gary or anybody else. I really enjoyed this dorky, effeminate "youth preacher" he did around New Years 2010.

Patton Oswalt. He's famous in general but I think people have forgotten how great he was on this show. As much as I love the Jason / Andy Daly episodes, I really want to see him with Patton Oswalt again.

Kevin Nealon has been fun and pleasant on every episode. He seems low-key but always plays a good straight man for the "wackier" characters.

Weird Al has also been great in every appearance.

Anytime Bret Gelman comes on the show and gets really angry is hilarious to me.

Jordan Peele was hilarious to me as the "gentle giant" that was booted off American Idol.

Horatio Sanz, like duh.

Lauren Lapkus I think is on her way to being a new CBB MVP.

Brent Wienbach has had some really funny bits.

Ben Schwartz I think the way he interacts with the Scott and the characters is great.

Matt Walsh, I wish he was on the show more.

• Like 1

Rob Huebel.

Paul Rust.

Tim Heidecker.

Lauren lapkus I definitely think is underrated. Her characters are always great

Lennon parham I feel gets loads of love as listler but her forsythia character was also hysterical

Neil Campbell has my vote for 2013 CBB MVP. he's been killing it every time he's on.

"quackers featherbeak's coo coo caper" is the world's funneist phrase

Drew Drowege (I think I'm way off with the spelling) did a really amazing character early on, but never really appeared again.

Sign in to follow this