🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 133 — Summah Semantics

The aptly named “Queens of Cocktail” and “Slumber Party” podcast hosts Alie Ward & Georgia Hardstark stop by the studio to count down the charts with Howard and post-Bonnaroo Kulap on this weeks WHO CHARTED! The pair share details on their new show on the Cooking channel, talk about party apprehension and break down Howard’s potentially pony hairstyle. Howard takes issue with the Billboard “Songs of the Summer” chart, Kulap shares some Bonnaroo wisdom and Alie & Georgia do what they do best and share some tasty concoctions as they rattle off the top music and movies of the week. After Howard and Kulap disagree on the merit of “The Great Gatsby” and Leo, we really get to know our guests in a revealing game of Chart Roulette. Enjoy, Chartists!

Howie and Alie, sittin in a tree...

Howard saying "yourr Wiiiife" in the promo was hilarious.

Awesome episode. Ku gets final approval of any lady Howard wants to date.

I too am tired of Macklemore.

Ween, Primus, and Buck Owens shout-outs. Alie and Georgia sound like cool ladies.

• Like 1

There was some weird tension in this one. Also, Howard saying he supports that guy getting stabbed for wearing a Jimi Hendrix shirt at a Vandals show is one of the most moronic things I've ever heard. Absolutely nothing comedic about it.

• Like 1

There was some weird tension in this one. Also, Howard saying he supports that guy getting stabbed for wearing a Jimi Hendrix shirt at a Vandals show is one of the most moronic things I've ever heard. Absolutely nothing comedic about it.

Sounds like you might be projecting some of that weird tension. Although, to allievate some of it, you should do a "Top 5 most moronic things I've ever heard" list. Coming in at nummmmmmber 5, a thing a guy said on a show I listen to!

• Like 5

These ladies were on JJGO a few months ago, and were great guests on there and I had never heard of them before. Glad to hear them again.

Facebook search: Allie Ward.

Friend Request sent.

She'll talk to me, right guys????....guys...??

On another note, it seems like Howie blew whatever goodwill he may have had with the women the drunker he got. Made for a great fuckin episode, though.

The Ween mention in the episode made me so happy

I am so with you there, my boognish brother.

Is there a thread where everyone can list their summah gums and summah cocktails? Summah secrets are obviously off limits, but I'd like to see what all my fellow chartist are drinkin' and chewin' on this summah

• Like 1

Is there a thread where everyone can list their summah gums and summah cocktails? Summah secrets are obviously off limits, but I'd like to see what all my fellow chartist are drinkin' and chewin' on this summah

I like this. I'm going Trident splashing fruit (duh). For my cocktail I'm thinking rock and rye, cause I'm kind of old school like that.

Still working on a summah secret.

Summah Gum: Trident Island Berry Lime

Summah Cocktail: Caesar (vodka/clamato/celery salt/worcestershire/tabasco/pickle juice)

Summah Secret: I'll never tell

• Like 2

Summah Gum: Trident Island Berry Lime

Summah Cocktail: Caesar (vodka/clamato/celery salt/worcestershire/tabasco/pickle juice)

Summah Secret: I'll never tell

Dude, I like this but can I suggest you switch up your cocktail juice? That sounds like a recipie for crazy stank bref and that's no good when you're trying to suggestively whisper your summah secret to a young lady in a lounge chair. Something more green heavy, perhaps? I think a good mint julep is an overlooked drink.

Summah Gun: Cardamom seeds

Summah Cocktail: Scotch and Soda

Summa Secret: Already have one, but obvz noneya

That sounds like a recipie for crazy stank bref and that's no good when you're trying to suggestively whisper your summah secret to a young lady in a lounge chair.

I think a good mint julep is an overlooked drink.

Maaaan, that's what the summah gum is for!

You mean a mint kulap?

• Like 2

Howard saying "yourr Wiiiife" in the promo was hilarious.

This delights me to no end every time I hear it.

Really fun episode and cool guests. DVR set for Tripping Out.

Look out for the HAVIN A SUMMAH 2013 thread that will appear when it is OFFICIALLY Summah!!!

• Like 3

Also, Howard saying he supports that guy getting stabbed for wearing a Jimi Hendrix shirt at a Vandals show is one of the most moronic things I've ever heard. Absolutely nothing comedic about it.

His reasoning was that by that time that guy should have been into newer music than Jimi Hendrix, and so he deserved to get stabbed. That was my favorite part of the episode its so great

• Like 2

Look out for the HAVIN A SUMMAH 2013 thread that will appear when it is OFFICIALLY Summah!!!

Occupy June! Summer is not yet here, but SUMMAH is!

By the way, with her being one of Ku's best friends and all, how have we not yet had an episode with JDR entitled "Occupy June"?

I am just going by the countdown from the fb page

1013417_640383905991805_1996474309_n.jpg

Stopped listening to this one when one of those things said "it smelled like a homeless man."

Tip to those things: you attract douchebag boyfriends because you, yourselves, are douchebags.

Stopped listening to this one when one of those things said "it smelled like a homeless man."

Tip to those things: you attract douchebag boyfriends because you, yourselves, are douchebags.

_1360849091.gif

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this