🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 86 — Shane & Friends with Matt Besser

Improvisers Lennon Parham, Danielle Schneider, and Pamela Murphy bring the lady energy on this week’s improv4humans! They’ll deal with an obnoxious Arby’s customer, help support awkward loners, run into Lucifer in the woods, and ask themselves what exactly is a YouTube star. Be sure to pick up an improv4humans shirt from the Earwolf Store and follow @MattBesser on Twitter to send in your improv suggestions. Music by Bobby Matthews and Dragoon. You can also now get Matt Besser’s new comedy album “Woo Pig Sooie: Comedy for Atheists” at mattbesser.com and Dragoon’s new album “This Galaxy Is But A Nursery” at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com!

Besser your show is KILLING it lately, pretty much the best show on Earwolf for several weeks running! Keep it up! And your comments on Yo Is This Racist were spot on...fuckin hypocrites

• Like 5

THIS EPISODE IS COMPLETELY REVERSE MYSOGINISTIC!

Maybe that can fire up this message board. I loved today's episode. Everyone was killing it.

i really liked the image of Satan standing awkwardly in his dorm room in god school. The callback felt sort of forced, but that just made it more funny.

Lennon's college paper story is like a Lifetime movie (which is to say, she should be working with Jess St. C on a treatment)

Hey Matt, the best part of the Dunkin' donuts video is at the end when she calls them sand niggers and blames them for 9/11.

• Like 2

Second listen and even better. This episode was so boot (mixture of bear and boot).

The first skit they did on the live show based off of my suggestion (towel) was amazing, but it wasn't on this episode. I'm guessing it will be on a bonus episode this Tuesday

This was a great VPN. It had been a while since Danielle made an appearance. Her enthusiasm is contagious and always makes for louder/sillier bits. I get an inordinate amount of pleasure from watching these scenes live and laughing at the YouTube comments from the Earwolf staff.

• Like 1

Ahaha, I grew up in Evansville. I never visited The Amazing She Lounge, or any of Evansville's other fine strip clubs, so I can't comment on the no nudity rules. Also, my guess is Lennon went to UE, which has a Hooters not too far away.

THIS EPISODE IS COMPLETELY REVERSE MYSOGINISTIC!

Maybe that can fire up this message board. I loved today's episode. Everyone was killing it.

I do like that we've had all female line-ups on the show (apart from Matt of course) with no need to address the fact that it's an all female line-up. Which I guess I've just done. Anyway it was another great episode.

I haven't watched it, but if it was real, why would the kid getting caught let it get on the internet? Why wouldn't he just delete it?

• Like 1

I haven't watched it, but if it was real, why would the kid getting caught let it get on the internet? Why wouldn't he just delete it?

Yeah, that's the tipoff that it's fake, but I don't mind if the resulting I4H is this good.

Also, this:

"Feel nature's bounty on your soft palm!"

Heheh.

• Like 1

Great episode! I was hoping to catch this live, but the Earwolf VPN shows on Thursdays air right in the middle of my workday, and unless I time my meal break perfectly I usually miss them.

Throwing tacks at the unsuspecting teenagers and impersonating a yelling bear in the woods?! Amazing.

and just that one 'pigs in tires' line Lennon said in her perfect hick-y accent-- which always makes me grin from ear to ear-- made me go back and re-listen to the Parham/St. Clair/Mantzoukas episode AND bonus episode. So much fun. ROSCO!

• Like 2

Hi Matt,

I have been a fan for 15 years. Just wanted to say thank you for the show (and your other projects). It keeps me sane at work. Have you ever thought about extending it 3 hours? How about 8 hours? 5 days a week?

Thanks again,

Rob

• Like 1

This show has had the most incredible run of any podcast I can think of. It's been months since anything on the show has been less than stellar.

"This is a conflict of interest, I know the other side of this case.

"WHAT OTHER SIDE?"

• Like 1

That goes for so much of the Internet though.

It's real. It's just a weird guy who is so obsessed with being the joker, he probably doesn't even realize how cringey that vid is. Here's his youtube page, he's got more vids.

http://www.youtube.c...oLuver63/videos

• Like 3

Aw man, I wish I could've heard Matt and the lovely ladies reaction to when the girl at Dunkin Donuts started talking about going to Mars, how she applied on Facebook, and how she was going to nuke them(from Mars) in response to 9/11.

• Like 1

That goes for so much of the Internet though.

It's real. It's just a weird guy who is so obsessed with being the joker, he probably doesn't even realize how cringey that vid is. Here's his youtube page, he's got more vids.

http://www.youtube.c...oLuver63/videos

The our second life stuff scares and confuses me far more than joker guy.

I feel like if it was fake it would have a punchline instead of just being really sad

• Like 2

I don't see the problem with letting 12 year olds do their own thing. Maybe it's just the small town I live in.

Danielle Schneider and Lennon Parham are comedy gods. Absolutely fantastic episode.

Sign in to follow this