🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
EarBear

GIFs... We got some...

I know it's pronounced "Jiff", who cares.

Relax and revel in the splendor.

This is lik when I eat too much candy and my stomach hurts. This makes my brain hurt it is so fucking sweet.

I know it's pronounced "Jiff", who cares.

Relax and revel in the splendor.

The disputes over how to pronounce gifs are on the level of which way to face the toilet roll or if the open end of the pillowcase should face out or in. It's dangerous territory!

• Like 1

The disputes over how to pronounce gifs are on the level of which way to face the toilet roll or if the open end of the pillowcase should face out or in. It's dangerous territory!

The leading consonant sound in "Graphics Interchange Format" is a hard G. How you gonna argue that its acronym starts with a "J" sound?

(As to the presumed authority of GIF's inventor, Isaac Asimov spent a lifetime contemplating the profound implications of artificial life, yet still sounded ridiculous

.)
  • Like 2

The leading consonant sound in "Graphics Interchange Format" is a hard G. How you gonna argue that its acronym starts with a "J" sound?

YES! This has always been my argument. Otherwise the door is open to pronouncing JPEG as "GAY PEG" which is fine with me.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this