🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Has anyone else seen this? If the gang is holding off on Steel and Kazaam, Shaq's film debut may be the remedy. Nick Nolte is playing basically a Bobby Knight character and is involved in bribing kids to join his team? Shaq's performance as a basketball player, aka what he does for a living, is mind boggling, and there is just so much insanity that needs to be discussed!

I remember virtually nothing from this movie, but anything with Shaq in a lead role I'm going to say is HDTGM worthy.

• Like 1

I don't recall the reaction to the film at the time, but it strikes me as one of those movies where people would say "This athlete/singer/dancer/other non-acting personality is surprisingly good" when they're essentially playing themselves and doing the only thing they know how to do.

• Like 2

I don't recall the reaction to the film at the time, but it strikes me as one of those movies where people would say "This athlete/singer/dancer/other non-acting personality is surprisingly good" when they're essentially playing themselves and doing the only thing they know how to do.

Shaq plays a Basketball player about as well as Mariah Carey played a singer.

But Shaq is far from this film's only problems. Nick Nolte's freakout in the first scene, Ed O'Neill as the reporter who wants to take down Nolte, but is gone for 1 hour of film time and doesn't even do anything? J.T. Walsh killing it as the protagonist? It just is amazing.

Directed by William Friedkin and written by Ron Shelton, this could've been a success but just didn't quite gel.

This movie is so viscerally bad I got up and left the theatre when it came out... I'm shocked it isnt an episode already with the stellar acting... the well is deep with this one...