🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
BrianLandes

The Switch - with Jason Bateman & Jennifer Anniston

Take every romantic comedy cliche, mix them up and toss in pregnancy; you get this movie. It someone had a rom com mad libs. Had to a take a break a half hour in. Just awful!

I watched this on Netflix a few weeks ago. Cliche sure, but I don't think it was bad enough to merit a How Did This Get Made episode. It was more just a mediocre film to me than anything significantly worse than anything else in it's genre.

I actually made the post 40 minutes into the movie. After finshing it, I still stand by ny earlier opinion.

Well, you've said it's cliche and awful, but what makes it HDTGM worthy?

It might be fun, one time, to do a How Did This Make It In special episode: Take several movies that aren't specifically HDTGM worthy, but include one otherwise squicky element that you can't believe someone didn't say, "OK, the rest of the movie is fine, but were not putting that in."

Surely substituting your sperm for the donor sperm belongs in a episode of Law and Order (Spoiler: It is) than in a rom com. That's gotta be some kind of sexual battery. That would be worth discussing, but the rest of the film isn't.

But there are plenty of other movies that have similar things, like Crazy Stupid Love which is mostly fine, but features a 17 year old (played by an adult) taking nude photos of herself (which may be illegal based on jurisdiction) originally for the purpose of giving to the adult man she had a crush on, but at the end of the film hands, what certainly appears, to be the same envelope of pictures to the 13 year old (played by an actual 13 year old) who had been pretty much stalking her throughout most of the film. She even says it's to, "get him through" until college.

You could easily make an episode out of the isolated squicky bits of various otherwise OK movies.

Sign in to follow this