🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 226 — ¡Aspira!

Comedy juggernaut Paul Feig returns to the podcast for the first time since 2011 on today’s Comedy Bang Bang! Paul shares his philosophy on improvising, discusses recording ADR jokes and talks about his latest feature THE HEAT, which opens in theaters nationwide this Friday. Victor Ramos, head of the Aspira after school program for inner city youth, stops by the show to promote his controversial curriculum. Victor explains how he deals with cyber-bullying and teen pregnancy before Scott poses quite the conundrum in a “squeaker” of a game of Would You Rather? Comedy Bang Bang returns with a special B-B-B-BONUS episode this Thursday.

Horatio is a mad man. I love all of his appearances. " I placed two pipe bombs. But no, no guns."

"Misth-er Feig."

Super jazzed for the buh-buh-buh-bon-bon-bon-us-us-us-ssssssss-se episode

First off, two episodes this week! YEAHHHH!!!!!

Second, I think 2013 is the year of Neil Campbell and Horatio Sanz as far as Comedy Bang Bang guests go!

• Like 4

Also, one thing that wasn't covered in Would You Rather was if Dr. Tito Santana uses the flying forearm to break bones?

• Like 1

I think I've got most of L.A mapped out in my head thanks to Horatio's characters.

• Like 8

Horatio may be my favorite guest of the year. Every one of his appearances have been riotous.

• Like 1

Maybe it's just me, but for me Horatio Sanz is the Horatio Sanz of Comedy Bang Bang guests.

• Like 8

I thought they missed a really obvious question for the WYR, where does the stock of paint balls come from? Is there some infinite stock installed in the weird skin tag device or what?

Also, the WYR app would seriously be a cool thing to do. You could have it so a few people get together and one person hosts the game. They give out the scenario and have the option to open and close the floor at all times. Then at the end they can award points and such. Honestly, I think this would be very unique and could actually be done. Even if it was just for fun.

• Like 1

wwrubbersformothers! On a side note, I was visiting a friend in the 'burbs this weekend, and played him the Bob Odenkirk/Matt Besser as pope episode. We were both in tears, and I had already heard it three times.

Scott was totally about to drop an "iPods, iPads, iDon'tknowanymore" shortly before WYR, but got cut off.

"She probably wasn't counting queefs" may be the funniest thing I've heard on CBB in a long time.

• Like 1

that was a GREAT episode!!!!

Sanz (who I'm not familiar with) is fucking hilarious, and the format works great too - Feig is a good guest cause I know his work and am interested in what he has to say, and Scott asked him some semi serious stuff, and then Sanz walks in and it's a ridiculous fest to the finish.

I'm not the biggest Horatio Sanz fan but he killed it in the episode. He is usually kind of off with continuity and being a little too random but he covered all his bases in this one and was on fire. The character was great and you could tell Chocktaw was having a lot of fun exploring Victor's backstory. Feig seemed overwhelmed at times by the ferocity of Victor and Scott going back and forth. Great episode.

Agree with James Woods Jr.! I generally find Horatio to be better with short one-off characters (great on I4H) but this is the first extended character he's done on CBB that I really liked. Lots of great one-liners as usual but this time the character seemed more focused. Instead of just a bunch of random stuff it really felt like we were peeling back the layers of this insane character.

I really like Sanz on I4H, but I'm not a fan of him on CBB.

His first appearance had me in stitches, but I feel like it's been too similar of a shtick each time since.

That said, still funny. It made me laugh.

• Like 1

I really like Sanz on I4H, but I'm not a fan of him on CBB.

His first appearance had me in stitches, but I feel like it's been too similar of a shtick each time since.

That said, still funny. It made me laugh.

really? thats like saying andy daly isn't funny cause he's doing a similar schtick each time, or PFT for that matter.

• Like 1

WOOOOW, that was intense. Ray Allen receiving the pass off the offensive rebound with 7 seconds left and swishing the three to keep The Heat's(the movie) cross promotional dreams alive and allowing Paul Feig to feast on the tears of fans of White House Down.