🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 65 — Howard the Duck: LIVE!

Awesome ep!

How Did This Get Made? does live episodes better than any other podcast, every time I see the new episode is a live one I get so excited

There are few things more wonderful than when June says something bat-shit insane... and then is proven RIGHT.

• Like 6

I guess the Earth equivalents of the Duckworld surnames "Duck" and "Waddle" would be "Mann" and "Walker," right?

Please put this in Corrections and Omissions! I was thinking the same thing.

• Like 1

Jason said that this movie probably lead to a lot of strange sexual fetishes for young people who watched it.

Exhibit A:

25_bohler-furries01.jpg

• Like 2

Please put this in Corrections and Omissions! I was thinking the same thing.

Make sure you check out Jason Duckzoukas in The Ducktator, still out on Netbeaks Streaming.

• Like 1

I had the same look on my face when I saw this as a 9 year-old. I knew there was something weird about it but couldn't put my finger on what because I was too distracted popping one of my first boners. God Bless you Lea Thompson.

Howard_The_Duck_Lea_Thompson.jpg

Seriously though, this was one of the best episodes in a long time. Kristen Schaal was fantastic, and the trio was on top of their games.

Between this and the future releases of episodes covering "Over the Top" and "Demolition Man" you guys are having a fantastic summer. Still crossing my fingers for a HDTGM of "Cliffhanger" though. The viewing experience is worth it for the first five minutes alone.

i feel about this movie the same way june and rannazzisi did about nothing but trouble. it is Bad and makes me feel Bad

I'm so happy June finally got her "BOOYAH BITCHES" moment! I wish I could have seen the mic drop.

• Like 4

Okay, I'm just realizing that June's "mic drop" was her epic win, not her accidentally dropping a microphone like I thought. My bad.

But onto the entire "Michelle" saga. Thank you Paul for bringing it up! I believe that the phone messages were just flirtations, but Michelle was serious. I mean, she had Howard's address and mailed him while she was on vacation. Even if that was just a prop, it made the entire Lea Thompson-Howard romance even more angering!

Also, Kristen Schaal was one of the greatest guests ever and everyone was on their A-Game. Any chance of a show in Houston in the future or at SXSW next year?

• Like 2

I say this as someone who has made a concerted effort to avoid watching Howard the Duck: GREAT EPISODE! And June? Don't let them doubt you again!

The dialogue in the "space rabies" clip sounds like it could have come straight out of "Axe Cop"

• Like 1

I think what I loved most about June's 'Howard tried to fly' moment was that, as everyone has, I too have enjoyed the things June takes in from a film, and I too have enjoyed hearing her interpretations, and subsequently Jason suppressing laughter and eventually cackling at the ideas— this episode had a great one with the 'ducks evolve into humans' idea— however, as the episode progressed I became aware that Jason was consistently, vocally anticipating a June idea every time she started speaking, and I became hyper-vigilant and afraid he would kill the spontaneity of some of her observations.

So when the THERE! RIGHT FUCKING THERE! *mic drop* happened, it felt REALLY AWESOME! In your faces, Paul and Jason!

You guys have fun, and that's what I love about this show.

• Like 5

When you guys were talking about how long it took for the effects guys to get the feather boner to work, I pictured a scenario not unlike James Spader being all burnt out and disheveled for weeks trying to crack the Stargate.

No one ever ever ever ever mentions it, but I believe CONAN was the first Marvel movie! The first 2 Conan flicks and Red Sonja were both out before this, but maybe they don't get talked about as being Marvel movies because they weren't original Marvel creations. Still, there were roughly a million billion zillion Conan comics put out by that point.

Anime-level rape tentacle is a good way to describe it, but I took a screen grab because of the super fake looking head they used. Imagine the poor bastard crammed in under that seat pushing the tongue through.

howard-the-duck.png

• Like 2

No one ever ever ever ever mentions it, but I believe CONAN was the first Marvel movie! The first 2 Conan flicks and Red Sonja were both out before this, but maybe they don't get talked about as being Marvel movies because they weren't original Marvel creations. Still, there were roughly a million billion zillion Conan comics put out by that point.

Did Marvel own the Conan property or just license it? Robert Howard's estate was still publishing books in the 1950s and 1960s.

• Like 1

Yeah, Marvel just had it licensed, though for a VERY long time. Dark Horse has the license now. And I don't think Marvel had ANYTHING to do with the Conan movie (though I remember that Roy Thomas, the man who brought Conan to comics, had commented on how he felt the film could be better).

• Like 1

Did Marvel own the Conan property or just license it? Robert Howard's estate was still publishing books in the 1950s and 1960s.

I'm sure they just licensed it, because it's at Dark Horse Comics now. Still, I'd think that the popularity of the Marvel comics had more to do with the movie FINALLY getting made than the original books. I guess it had been in development for quite some time, possibly pre-dating the comics, but they actually had Roy Thomas, one of the comic writers, work on an early version of the script, so there was that other Marvel connection. Anyway, I'd still say that Conan was more of a Marvel movie than something like "Men in Black", which was sort of based on a comic published by a company that Marvel bought after the fact.

Yeah, Marvel just had it licensed, though for a VERY long time. Dark Horse has the license now. And I don't think Marvel had ANYTHING to do with the Conan movie (though I remember that Roy Thomas, the man who brought Conan to comics, had commented on how he felt the film could be better).

Sorry if I repeated anything you'd said, we must have been writing at the same time.

Sign in to follow this