đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
GTA3

The Legend of Billie Jean (1985)

This movie has it all. Christian Slater, Peter Coyote, Yeardley (Lisa Simpson) Smith, an insane plot revolving around a trashed moped, Helen Slater with Pat Benetar's hair (and a soundtrack to match.) Just watch the trailer. Please do this. Fair is fair!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMzTItRnx4k

• Like 1

I actually kinda love this movie, but it's absolutely appropriate for the show. Plus June should have a lot to chew on with the feminist themes in the movie.

Also, Helen Slater is super hot in it.

tumblr_mmg51wU4gM1qcj9l4o1_400_zpsb9703459.jpg

• Like 2

Agreed! This has long been one of my favorite "bad movies". It was filmed in my hometown, so I'm a little biased. When I was a little kid, I remember seeing the film crew set up outside the surf shop that's owned by the guy Christian Slater ends up shooting. Despite being a pretty well done production, with overall good acting, the plot is overly dramatic, and pretty ridiculous. I'd love to see the HDTGM crew tackle this fringe 80's classic! Come on guys, you know you want to! "Fair is fair!!"

• Like 1

I'm surprised this movie hasn't been covered yet lol. Shout out to Pat and the killer theme song for it.

• Like 1

Yup! Needs to be done. Jason even alludes to it in one of the episodes. I can't remember which one, but he says something about "Give my brother back his bike" but can't remember the movie. I love it, and the theme song kicks ass, but it's totally ridiculous. 

• Like 1

On 6/26/2013 at 12:43 AM, seanotron said:

I actually kinda love this movie, but it's absolutely appropriate for the show. Plus June should have a lot to chew on with the feminist themes in the movie.

Also, Helen Slater is super hot in it.

tumblr_mmg51wU4gM1qcj9l4o1_400_zpsb9703459.jpg

I mean, I’m sure she is, but that watermark kinda makes her look like part of the Borg.

• Like 1

Also, the Michael Jackson song “Billie Jean” came out two years before this movie. Either they had only written the script and didn’t care enough to change it, or they consciously hoped to steal from its popularity a little.

• Like 1