Lost in Space (1998)

Bad child actors.

Joey from Friends

Gary Oldman stinking it up

Cheesy sci fi lines

A giant slider

ย 

Great bad movie

I actually watched this last night, intent on recommending it. And I think I may have loved it unironically. It was weird, there was definitely bad in it, but it didn't upset me as much as other movies. Just a fun summer action flick (released in April).

ย 

Even though I loved it, it still is crazy enough to be a prime contender for the show.

• Like 1

Gary Oldman's scene-chewing is the only thing that makes this movie close to bearable.

ย 

Also, I'm pretty sure Heather Graham is a robot. She can never approximate anything close to a real human emotion, regardless of the material.

• Like 2

Gary Oldman didn't really bring anything to this film. I like Gary Oldman in sid and nancy. btw seanotron I'lll buy that robot off your hands, I love Heather Graham, shes amazing. I didn't think this movie was all that crazy over the top. it is what it is. a dreaded remake that will never be better then the original. but as they say it's not that bad.

Gary Oldman didn't really bring anything to this film. I like Gary Oldman in sid and nancy. btw seanotron I'lll buy that robot off your hands, I love Heather Graham, shes amazing. I didn't think this movie was all that crazy over the top. it is what it is. a dreaded remake that will never be better then the original. but as they say it's not that bad.

ย 

I think the movie is pretty horrible. The cast has no chemistry whatsoever. Everyone looks bored. At least Gary Oldman tries to play up the campiness and have a little fun. Everyone else is taking it way too seriously. Also, this movie is UGLY. The color palette is ugly, the CGI is ugly, the costumes are ugly. I think there's plenty here to digest for an episode (and at least it isn't as boring as After Earth).

seasnorton, your right in that way that the cast has no Chemistry together. like William Hurt plays the same charactor he plays in every movie, just like The Village and gary Oldman plays the same guy he plays in most films. he's not interesting at all as the villain at all. but is there really any over the top goofiness for a HDTGM show.

After Earth was boring as hell and wasn't a great show. the odd part about that is paul said on the preshow podcast that we had request it and I can't find any sign of that here. maybe facebook or twitter but i don't use eather.

ย 

Thats some amazing CGI work. Mind you there is no such thing as good CGI in my mind.

Oh God, I could talk forever about the scenes with Penny and Blarp. And the fact that Will Robinson is able to convince a robot that he has a heart. And the robot tells him at one point, "Will Robinson, let me tell you a joke. Why did the Robot cross the road? Because it was carbon-bonded to the chicken!" SO BAD but I still guilty pleasure love this movie sorry.

After Earth was boring as hell and wasn't a great show. the odd part about that is paul said on the preshow podcast that we had request it and I can't find any sign of that here. maybe facebook or twitter but i don't use eather.

ย 

Any show where June explains why she thought the candles blew out is a great show. And the movement probably was more FB and Twitter, but the page on the forums certainly grew quickly

ย 

Thats some amazing CGI work. Mind you there is no such thing as good CGI in my mind.

ย 

Well I have to disagree with you there. There's amazing CGI stuff out there, and the best stuff is usually the bits you don't even know are CGI. But that monkey was awful, even for the time period.

One of my favorite bits from Michael J. Nelson's review in "Movie Megacheese":

ย 

Aside from being a tool to sell drink cups at KFC' date=' there is no discernible reason to have a digital monkey in the film. Until! Aha, the DVD's helpful Special Features includes deleted scenes. Watch those and you soon discoverโ€”there was [i']really[/i] no reason to have a digital monkey in the film. It's not even a good digital monkey. Donkey Kong, now he was a good digital moneky.
  • Like 2

This reminds me, has anyone seen the "Wolf of Wall Street" trailer? It could very well be the perfect film. Midgets and monkeys, guys. Midgets AND monkeys...

• Like 1

This reminds me, has anyone seen the "Wolf of Wall Street" trailer? It could very well be the perfect film. Midgets and monkeys, guys. Midgets AND monkeys...

ย 

It's the modern twin movie to the Great Gatsby remake where wealthy people have batshit crazy lives. I honestly think Scorcese decided to try coke while filming a movie.

I posted this while watching the movie on TV yesterday.

ย 

I had totally forgot that the ending involved them going through the planet to use it's gravity to get into space.

And Heather Graham kissing Joey in front of her family in a very strange way

ย 

One saving grace for this movie was the awesome soundtrack

Hmmm... this is interesting. I recall it being competently made, but very bland. Except for the odd 2nd act set piece where they check out the abandoned ship and get attacked by metal bugs and pick up that atrocious pre-Jar Jar CGI creature. I bet it's not too cuckoo crazy... but it's almost certainly more watchable than 80% of the other movies they've looked at?

ย 

I wonder if this would make a good episode now?

I remember I went to New York as a 12 year old boy for a family vacation back in 1998 and at F.A.O. Schwarz they had a "Lost in Space" room... With a replica of the robot of the movie... I SO wanted that Toy! ( Never got it... )

ย 

fao%20schwarz%201%20use.jpg

ย 

FAO-Lost-in-Space-2.jpg

• Like 3

but it's almost certainly more watchable than 80% of the other movies they've looked at?

ย 

ย 

I do not think you remember this movie very well.

• Like 1