🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
seanotron

Wild Thing (1987)

Robert Knepper witnesses the death of his hippie parents as a child in the 60s, then he falls into a river and is rescued & raised by a bag lady who teaches him the ways of the streets. He learns to speak by listening to radio DJs, then grows up to be a Tarzan of the inner city, He swoops down from the rooftops beating up bad guys and giving out food to the homeless. He eventually meets a social worker named Jane, of course.

wild_zps9c0df604.jpg

• Like 1

I am absolutely sure that I saw this back-to-back many a time with the Scott Valentine classic "My Demon Lover" on Showtime in 1988 or so.

If you ever wonder what Batman would be like if he was stupid and homeless, look no further than 1987's Wild Thing.

MV5BMjE2MzMwNDUwMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTMwMzg4NA@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,657,1000_AL_.jpg

Check out this rave "second opinion" review from IMDB: "Don't look for deeper humor than a joke about sex "hurting" because of the associated noises of the participants. Unless you find low-life hoods, after committing a murder and fleeing, taking care to put on their seatbelts, to be funny. "

If you do find yourself watching this (free on YouTube), keep in mind this was written by Oscar nominated screenwriter, John Sayles, and stars Oscar nominated actress, Kathleen Quinlan.

Sadly, this is the closest thing we had to a superhero movie when I was a kid. Just imagine Daredevil -- but replace Scott Glenn's character with a bag lady; and instead of the protagonist being a lawyer, he's a half naked Gary Busey.

Sign in to follow this