🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
demagog_dog

Ninja Assassin (2009)

They should've just called it Ninja Highlander. Just swap out immortals for ninjas and it's an exact copy, right down to the "What took you?" line during the climactic battle.

I was satisfied with this movie, but then again I don't remember what it was about at all, I just enjoyed all the gruesome ninja deaths.

• Like 1

I was satisfied with this movie, but then again I don't remember what it was about at all, I just enjoyed all the gruesome ninja deaths.

That's basically all it was, which I can respect a movie like that.

• Like 1

Look, all I wanted was to see crazy ninjas killing each other in crazy ways, but this...my god, this was just what I don't even...ugh.

There's empty popcorn guilty pleasure bad, and then there's HDTGM bad. This is the latter.

There weren't many people in the theater when I saw it, but we were all groaning and screaming "Come on!" together every time something stupid happened, which was about every 5 minutes. I remember everyone laughing at the movie several times. At it, not with it. By the end, I was punching, throttling, and banging my head on the empty chair in front of me.

I hate this movie. And since I had to suffer, so must you all. THIS I COMMAND.

Maybe I need to watch it again. It would help your case if you provided some bullet point of moments you found particularly stupid.

To be honest though, when it comes to martial arts type movies I will forgive so much dumbness if the action sequences entertain me. I was kinda pleasantly surprised by this movie because I didn't expect it to be as violent as it was, and I also didn't expect the supernatural element, so that was kinda fun to me.

• Like 1

Just watched this on Netflix. Oh, boy. This is a stinker. I can't believe it's a major studio film.

This is perfect HDTGM material, especially with two F&F franchise alum in minor roles #justiceforhan

I saw this movie in the theater and basically remember two things:

1. The review of it that said “If you think you might watch a movie named ‘Ninja Assassin,’ then this movie is for you” being absolutely dead-on.

2. A male friend who loved it on a stupid action level joking that it was perfect other than the ~2 minutes of romance scenes.

Sign in to follow this