🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Brett Arnold

Episode 229 — Two Thumbs & Not Much Else

This episode is top-to-bottom hilarious. I'd let this show talk dirty to me about the futility of life and then impregnate me in 30 seconds.

Please enjoy this hastily thrown-together tribute to the greatest cinematic achievement that never was:

fatherofthebridedespairremix_zps48c89c58.png

• Like 7

Agreed with everyone that this was a great episode. I especially enjoyed it because my girlfriend will often launch into "POOR! All my life I've always been POOR!" and the song will be stuck in my head for the rest of the day, so I can sympathize with Bennie Shwah.

• Like 2

Two great weeks in a row, this episode may be my fav so far this year. Would love more episodes with this duo, I laughed out loud more than usual.

Werner really seemed to be warming up to the guys in this episode! Taking part and having a good time. Warmed my heart.

The "two thumbs" bit killed me

What has two thumbs and loved that bit? I am such a man.

Humscalade

Cantina Theme

After his recent run on Doug Loves Movies and the Vancouver CBB episode, I've decided that Werner is my favorite PFT character. This episode only strengthened that opinion.

• Like 1

After that where's the beef scene, I really want Werner Herzog to go on improv4humans.

• Like 7

After that where's the beef commercial scene, I really want Werner Herzog to go on improv4humans.

It is odd that PFT has never been on I4H.

• Like 2

This is a brief and off-topic comment but there really should be a Morgan Spurlock character. He seems ripe for satire, he's just signed on to direct a new One Direction documentary

• Like 1

This episode was so fun and goofy it was infectious. It just never stopped. I loved it.

Agreed with everyone that this was a great episode. I especially enjoyed it because my girlfriend will often launch into "POOR! All my life I've always been POOR!" and the song will be stuck in my head for the rest of the day, so I can sympathize with Bennie Shwah.

I literally was singing this to my girlfriend a week or two ago. Hearing Scott and Ben sing it made me jump and down with joy when I heard it. Now, CBB has to put on Little Shop as its fall musical.

Did I mention this episode was top to bottom glorious? I want to be in a room with these 3.

• Like 1

Can't tell you how happy Scott & Ben's rendition of "Skid Row" made me. I loved that move growing up, and they actually did a really good version of it. And the fact that they committed and did the whole thing was gold. PFT was great as well. Can't go wrong with Werner. Though I was a little upset that in the discussion of his mating habits there was no mention of if his children that he conceived with the wife he made from hot-air-balloon burners.

THE SEQUEL PITCH (a half-act play based on the "Comedy Bing-Bong" podcast)

(DIRECTOR, as played by actor/director Werner F. Tompzog): The grown ups find themselves in a burning building ...

(HOLLYWOOD EXECUTIVE, as played by Hawt SoccerZog): How many of them make it out?

(DIRECTOR): Well, I don’t want to spoil anything … but none.

• Like 1

The reaction to this show is what's great about Comedy Bang Bang. This one didn't strike me as one of the best of the year, although it was VERY funny. But it's great to see so many fellow CBB fans loved it so much.

I think it's a credit to the quality of Comedy Bang Bang's shows this year, that an episode of this quality would only be rated 'very good' by me (whose ratings are, of course, worthless).

If you want a DMT episode, go listen to Joe Rogan's podcast.

This episode is best of material.

yes, this is what I am talking about. a lot of people have done this, and a lot of people have talked about how this would make a pretty cool podcast. I am not sure why scott would be holding back on this? It fits the format of the show pretty good. Also, I just saw that canada's comedy central has picked up the CBB tv show, and so a DMT episode would be the only way to keep the show anti-corporation in a lot of people's eyes. everyone wants to do DMT. just do it already, you guys.

I am getting worried for Paul. When not in character, not only does he tell Scott to please call Mr. Marshall Garry, but he also uncontrollably repeats Cake Boss. What is next, is the real PFT going to start hating nature and loving Coco?

I suppose I'm in the minority here, but this episode illustrated the best and the worst of CBB to me.

On one hand I love the darkness of PFT's Herzog impression (especially the firefighter story), and Ben Schwartz is always great. I love the show the best when guests are allowed to run wild and get dark, i.e. Andy Daly's hilarious cast of demented deviants. More than anything, Brett Gelman's I-Brain bit and Don Dimello's appearance alongside Patton Oswalt got me hooked on this show and I wish we could hear more of that ilk.

Lately however, I've been having to skip through or just not listen to more and more episodes, as Scott's really getting annoying. Stuff like the singing and lame wordplay is self-indulgent and and as Marc Maron put it so well, "precious." It's like hanging with a bunch of theater kids who can do nothing but reiterate the same tired inside jokes over and over again. I can't even listen to the ads anymore as they've gotten so drawn-out and grating that I'd rather miss a few minutes of content than suffer through having Scott do stuff like repeatedly and annoyingly yell "TING!" in my ear for 90 seconds. I wish more guests would tone Scott down a bit. Like in this episode, when Scott kept trying to force the bit about verbalizing every "period" and Ben responded with "This is so stupid." I practically cheered.

yes, this is what I am talking about. a lot of people have done this, and a lot of people have talked about how this would make a pretty cool podcast. I am not sure why scott would be holding back on this? It fits the format of the show pretty good. Also, I just saw that canada's comedy central has picked up the CBB tv show, and so a DMT episode would be the only way to keep the show anti-corporation in a lot of people's eyes. everyone wants to do DMT. just do it already, you guys.

What's DMT?

• Like 1

I suppose I'm in the minority here, but this episode illustrated the best and the worst of CBB to me.

On one hand I love the darkness of PFT's Herzog impression (especially the firefighter story), and Ben Schwartz is always great. I love the show the best when guests are allowed to run wild and get dark, i.e. Andy Daly's hilarious cast of demented deviants. More than anything, Brett Gelman's I-Brain bit and Don Dimello's appearance alongside Patton Oswalt got me hooked on this show and I wish we could hear more of that ilk.

Lately however, I've been having to skip through or just not listen to more and more episodes, as Scott's really getting annoying. Stuff like the singing and lame wordplay is self-indulgent and and as Marc Maron put it so well, "precious." It's like hanging with a bunch of theater kids who can do nothing but reiterate the same tired inside jokes over and over again. I can't even listen to the ads anymore as they've gotten so drawn-out and grating that I'd rather miss a few minutes of content than suffer through having Scott do stuff like repeatedly and annoyingly yell "TING!" in my ear for 90 seconds. I wish more guests would tone Scott down a bit. Like in this episode, when Scott kept trying to force the bit about verbalizing every "period" and Ben responded with "This is so stupid." I practically cheered.

Gotta say, I don't think Scott is going anywhere. And he's been doing those bits and inside jokes for the entire run of the show. What you see is pretty much what you get. You may have to stop listening to the show....

Maybe it's just me, but for me, Comedy Bang Bang is one of the biggest shows on the Earwolf network

• Like 1