🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Brett Arnold

Episode 229 — Two Thumbs & Not Much Else

You know it's a great episode when you finish it and you're ready to replay it almost immediatelly.

Guaranteed finalist for top 10 of the year, probably high on that list. Werner Herzog never fails to deliver. I marvel at PFT's skill.

Lately however, I've been having to skip through or just not listen to more and more episodes, as Scott's really getting annoying. Stuff like the singing and lame wordplay is self-indulgent and and as Marc Maron put it so well, "precious." It's like hanging with a bunch of theater kids who can do nothing but reiterate the same tired inside jokes over and over again.

Scott was one of the best parts of this episode. When he said, "Where's the beeeeeeeeeeeeep?" I lost it. He and PFT work off each other so week and Benny Shwas is always on fire and quick to punch.

If you want serious stuff, go listen to malcontent Maron's podcast. I'm here for the silly.

I am so way late on posting on this epi, but I feel compelled just in case it makes someone smile.

This might be my favorite episode ever. Scott is my number one favorite person, because he runs a room better than anyone. PFT is my number two favorite person on earth, but the funniest person ever. Ben E Shwaz is now number three. So my three favorite people on earth, in top form, make my favorite podcast. Just delightful.

The "Despair" remix needs to see the light of day again. And I love you all.

• Like 1

Please have this pair back again. Please let Werner Herzog do the Cantina song forever and ever.