🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Brett Arnold

Episode 7 — A Crazy Moment in Phishtory

I have often thought about becoming a full time Pavementist, which is a consultant who goes around the country talking about the band pavement and solving the problems of businesses and regular folks with the lyrics of Stephen Malkmus and Scott Kannberg.

• Like 3

Nick echoed my own thoughts. These guys are like Rain Man toward every single Phish concert.

Show format suggestion. Lose Scott and skeptics who just want to shit on the band. Bring in someone who has music they would like to share and share back and forth with Phish and their favorite underdog band. It'll even the playing field and will be more people just enjoying music. I can't listen to people just looking for openings to shit on phish anymore. The internet is already full of people just shitting on other people's likes.

You're the best Harris!

So lose the thing everyone loves and turn it into every other music podcast ever.

• Like 2

Nick echoed my own thoughts. These guys are like Rain Man toward every single Phish concert.

It's a gift us Phish fans have, most of us are pretty obsessive and nerdy about it

Harris is right, I've pissed off many of my non Phish fan friends by getting caught in a conversation with another Phish fan

I'll go in HK's stead to the phish show, I'll talk about summer at least twice.

The whole podcast is making my morning, but I'm losing it right now during the Marcus call.

Holy shit when he told him that Rough Gem sounded exactly like Maze I lost it.

• Like 2

I loved all of the callers bombing with their suggestions. Disappointed there were no lady callers - what percentage of Phish fans are women? Maybe many of the lady listeners like myself enjoy the podcast, but not so much Phish...

• Like 1

I loved all of the callers bombing with their suggestions. Disappointed there were no lady callers - what percentage of Phish fans are women? Maybe many of the lady listeners like myself enjoy the podcast, but not so much Phish...

I was happy that Scott seemed to enjoy my suggestion, he said it was his favorite so far

I think the Bill Clinton euphemisms are kind of a neat premise. Could you imagine a show called BLOWJOB ANALOGIES. It might get a little stale after awhile, and there are only so many blowjob jokes, and who really wants to think about blowjobs all the time or convince people that blowjobs are a cool thing, but that makes it kind of funny at the same time.

As part of the Analyze f/phish family, Adam Scott should also attend this concert

• Like 7

The guy who had an orgasm to the Carole King instrumental tease is the best. I forget your name.

As part of the Analyze f/phish family, Adam Scott should also attend this concert

Adam "Buego" Scott definitely should be in the mix!

• Like 1

This episode was delightful, top to bottom.

Special edition of (ph)oam corner: More Like "Gotta JibBON'T", am I right?

J/K, Harris. I'm just funnin' you. Here, I got something special for you:

MeatTrayLg.jpg

• Like 1

I don't know if it's already a well-known term but, "Phishtory" just about killed me.

This whole episode made my face hurt.

• Like 1

I almost lost my shit with the announcement of the Hollywood Bowl concert episode but was quickly let down with the news Howard wouldn't be invovled. That phone message from PFT was great. Marcus' phone call was hiliarious. I've been to a couple Phish shows with friends that are into them. I still don't get the music but I really enjoy the experince with them. Thanks again for another amazing episode. Looking forward to the next one.

Sometimes it seems more likely that Scott will get Harris to dislike Phish than the other way around. For each of Scott's, "I guess I kinda like..." it seems that Harris has an, "Well, ok, I'll concede that...".

And since shitting on Phish is the best part of the podcast, I'd love to hear an episode with some anti-Phish callers trying to sway Harris. I think a well articulated Fluffhead rebuttal just might do it.

• Like 1

Love this show - I've been to 2-3 Phish shows, but I'm losing my taste in the band and recently ditched my copy of Farmhouse. I wonder if Mean Scott is having an effect on me...

I love the call-in aspect and really hope they continue to do these more frequently! Also, it was hard to not name the episode "Meat Trey", but Phishtory was too wonderful a term.

• Like 2

Love this show - I've been to 2-3 Phish shows, but I'm losing my taste in the band and recently ditched my copy of Farmhouse. I wonder if Mean Scott is having an effect on me...

you cant remember if youve gone to 2 or 3 phish shows?

-harris

• Like 8