🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Brett Arnold

Episode 136 — Grand Poo-Ba

Earwolf favorite Andy Daly returns to the studio on this week's WHO CHARTED! Howard and Kulap investigate Andy's lineage, and the three discuss their Wimbledon ignorance before getting into the Billboard Germany music chart. Andy shares his hilarious Bennigan's employee experience and talks about his career in film as they dive into the movies chart. We also get to know some of Andy's best Comedy Bang Bang characters during an unforgettable game of Chart Roulette.

The "download mp3" link just links back to the episode page itself.

Edit: Fixed! Thank you! :wub:

"Bring on the Night" is one of the best Police songs ever.

So Howard talked about being a kid and getting scared by a kidnapping in "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang", and Andy Daly laughingly replied that Benny Hill was the kidnapper. Wait, that's supposed to make it less scary?

• Like 1

Like the new logo; does this mean new shirts are possibly in the works?

Woo good start to what should be a great show with the Vampire Weekend song.

Ahh, I love Andy but I'm in such disagreement about his Pixar comment. Kids are so much tougher than we like to think. Obviously you have to gauge it based on your kid's sensitivity, but I doubt Pixar movies are going to cause that much damage. They're far more likely to be ruined by their parents ;)

• Like 2

Jesus, this episode was incredible. The first two charts were great just because of Andy being a generally awesome guy (and of course Ku and Wie doing their thing), and the third chart with the Daly characters break-down might have been my favorite guest chart ever.

• Like 5

Ahh, I love Andy but I'm in such disagreement about his Pixar comment. Kids are so much tougher than we like to think.

Says the man whose userpic is the diddling duck from a PG movie.

• Like 5

That episode where Andy kills all of his characters on Comedy Bang Bang is THE FUNNIEST THING ON THIS SITE. I enjoy alot of stuff on Earwolf, but that episode is just the fucking best. Scott is funny. Jason is funny. And Andy is killing it.

Love when you guys do the charts of non-english music. Always interesting.

And I am 100% on board with Howard regarding Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. The child catcher guy is goddamn terrifying. I mean, look:

tumblr_mb729ssxyF1rawb5do1_500.jpg

LOOK AT THAT GUY

• Like 1

Says the man whose userpic is the diddling duck from a PG movie.

tumblr_lowp5bkJRq1qhansmo1_500_zps455c68a6.gif

• Like 2

Can we get a podcast where Andy just talks about Classic Rock? I would fucking listen to that forever.

• Like 1

I think Andy does lean too much towards sheltering kids with movies. I mean, first of all, kids love to be scared. We, as adults, may think that scary stuff is wrong for kids but they love it. I mean, didn't most of us like stuff like ghost stories when we were kids?

If anything, American kids' entertainment should be MORE willing to show things like death and real loss. We think stuff like this should be kept out of kids' movies because we feel like they're not ready to deal with things like the main character dying... and yet millions of kids ARE dealing with the death of people they love in real life.

• Like 1

Can we get a podcast where Andy just talks about Classic Rock? I would fucking listed to that forever.

Analyze Styx?

• Like 2

I don't have kids and haven't seen most of the movies they were talking about, so I don't want to put out an uninformed opinion on the topic in general, but I do think Andy's take on Monsters Inc. was a little backward. It's been ~10 years since I've seen it, so I might not be remembering it well, but I think rather than "it has monsters and therefore is scary", the whole point of it is to demystify and make light of the idea of monsters and the nature of fear.

• Like 1

If you want to follow Andy on tumblr here is the link --> http://andydaly.tumblr.com/ Not much there at the moment but if he gets that Whooch Bump in followers he may start updating ;)

Great episode, just a joy to listen to.

• Like 1

Andrew "Andy Daly" Daly is the best thing to happen to podcasts since sliced bread.

Holy crap I listened to this ep for the first time today, and then strangely enough I watched some Dreamworks film about sharks being gangstas. I'm so on board with Andy's comments on these animated films having adult stories.

I was watching the film with my 6 year old god son, thankfully he fell asleep after five minutes.