🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Brett Arnold

Episode 89 — Authentic Redneck Dialect

Martin Starr, Joe Wengert, Amanda Sitko and Mookie Blaiklock stop by the studio on this weeks improv4humans! They share their best police encounter and natural disaster stories before getting into the real heavy stuff regarding hobbies. Matt learns the meaning of the abbreviation "RPG" before getting into some hilarious improv. Be sure to pick up an improv4humans shirt from the Earwolf Store and follow @MattBesser on Twitter to send in your improv suggestions. Music by Bobby Matthews and Dragoon. You can also now get Matt Besser’s new comedy album “Woo Pig Sooie: Comedy for Atheists” at mattbesser.com and Dragoon’s new album “This Galaxy Is But A Nursery” at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com!

Four guests on the show? What the fuck is this, Improv 5 Humans? GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER BESSER! WE WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS BLATANT FALSE ADVERTISING THAT COMPROMIZES THIS FINE PODCAST AND RUINS THE EARWOLF BRAND!

(I am totally kidding. I can't wait to listen to this episode.)

• Like 5

Wengert is the fucking MAN. He gets me every. Single. Time.

Also, its been a long time since Sitko has been in. She's really great. If i'm not mistaken, the redneck head in the jar was a call back to a previous ep. with Sitko and Wengert. Masterful.

Thanks Matt. I'm working on Dippold driving around with a Bee on her finger!

• Like 3

is Martin photoshopped into that picture hahaha

I think he just naturally has this aura about him.

QUID POE CROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW

• Like 2

I think he just naturally has this aura about him.

this is true. it's his "starr aura"

• Like 1

I had a huge giggle-fit during the "Too Fat for Radio" sketch. And I love the idea of Chris Kattan announcing his credits when he walks into a hotel. This episode should have a "Warning: Hilarious" on it.

• Like 1

The flawless run continues. Starr was an interesting presence on the show--he didn't force himself in to any scene. Just sort of waited for an opportunity to present itself.

The Telemarketing sketch is a top ten all-timer.

One more in a string of really solid episodes.

For anybody interested, those Indian Marriage Proposal videos were originally produced by an Indian sketch troupe and were intended to satirize the concept of arranged marriage and the kind of ridiculous criteria that people who abide by it lay importance upon. They've been posted in so many different places now that it's become impossible for anyone watching them to consider them in their original context.

Also, mangoes because;

• Like 3

If i'm not mistaken, the redneck head in the jar was a call back to a previous ep. with Sitko and Wengert. Masterful.

Yes! I came to see if anybody else caught that! It's a reference to ep 21 Broke Mother's Back The suggestions and scene in question begin at 23:50 for anybody who's interested.

Outside of being straight up hilarious, doing things like making references to shows from over a year ago are why Joe Wengert is, and always will be one of the best. PERKL

• Like 3

This is a placeholder. Tell me what to say.

• Like 2

You guys have to do the asiana crash news flub.

An 'intern' invented the names of pilots involved, inserting "Ho Lee Fook", "Wi Tu Lo", "Sum Ting Wong" as unfortunate crew casualties, which were then publiziced over the airwaves by numerous news agencies attempting to scoop the story.

The NTSA issued a statement saying, "A summer intern acted outside the scope of his authority..."

Do summer interns HAVE a scope of authority? What sort of operation are they running over there at that mom-and-pop NTSA? Just rambo pun interns running the show at that agency I guess...

"...they agreed that new measures needed to be taken (approximation, I don't recall exact wording)...and that the names should definitely be read aloud before going to air (that is a definite measure they intend to enforce in the future and quotable word-for-word)."

This has to be youtubable at this point...

"Sir, can you please state your name for me?"

"It's right there on my application..."

"Sir, it's a federal mandate that you state your name for me, so as not to embarass myself or the company I work for if you have a fraudalently pun-worthy name..."

"It's not a big deal...dude, seriously?"

"It's my f'ing job, 'dude'. Do you even remember asiana flight...asiana...flight...

"are you trying to think of a number right now?"

"Heh, so you do know what I'm talking about. I'm going to leave about 30 seconds of heavy silence here while I scribble something judgementally on a page...which is hard to convey over a purely auditory medium, so it's good that you can see me while receiving your shaming...and please don't interrupt my scribbling."

The part with the drunk girl who left that insane voicemail was my favorite.

Squeezing hamsters!!!!

• Like 1

Great, episode, especially the YouTube clips/scenes at the end which were all incredible.

The "Funny Besser Crowd Voice" makes an appearance!

I think Mookie (or maybe Joe) did a voice in the redneck zombie scene which sounded very Huell Hoswerian.

• Like 2

Great episode... but I was actually annoyed by one of the ad breaks, the one about "patent trolls." Really, Matt? I thought you were smart enough to not buy into mass hysteria. Or is it because "This American Life" and Mark Maron are (wrongly) spouting off about this issue, you felt you had to complain about it before becomeing informed too?

For the record, I'm a patent attorney, and I have been quitely gritting my teeth about this passing fad of supposed "news" podcasts taking shots at patents just because it seems fashionable to them. Please try to fully inform yourself on something before wasting us, your listeners, time with this BS.

Sign in to follow this