🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
EarlwolfGuy

Executive Decision (1996)

Steven Seagal. Kurt Russell. Halle Berry. Busy's dad from the Canadian hit show "Ready or Not."... It's amazing!

post-46502-0-23579300-1373664311_thumb.jpg

I agree this movie needs to be done.

it's got a great mix of over the top actors in it. plus it's got the lost airliners in it, Oceanic Airlines.

I forgot about this movie. it's got a stupid name that you some how forget about it. This movie got Steven Seagal a Razzie Award.

i legit enjoyed the heck out of this movie in a genuine way

i legit enjoyed the heck out of this movie in a genuine way

I did too! But I re watched it last week, and there were some elements that were genuinely bonkers.

To quote Michael J. Nelson's "Movie Megacheese:"

Executive Decision is my favorite movie ever, if only because it killed off Steven Seagal very early into the film. [...] The plot of E.D., as its fans call it, involves some Middle Eastern terrorists skyjacking a 747 loaded with a poison nerve gas that they intend to rain down on Washington, D.C. There's no downside, as far as I can see, but the residents of our nation's capital feel differently and so enlist Seagal, a special forces man, and [Kurt] Russell, an expert on terrorists, to board the plane while airborne and defuse the situation lest the world be deprived of a New Gingrich, an Orrin Hatch, or a Dick Armey.

John Leguizamo tells a story about Seagal attacking him on the set of this movie. Supposedly he laughed at something ridiculous Seagal said and in turn Seagal elbowed him in the stomach and threw him against a wall. Then when Leguizamo started telling the story in his standup, Seagal threatened to sue him.

This movie got Steven Seagal a Razzie Award.

Well he was nominated for his work on that movie, but Seagal didn't win. He lost Worst Supporting Actor to Marlon Brando for The Island of Dr. Moreau.

To quote Michael J. Nelson's "Movie Megacheese:"

Ahhh... you know you're a MST3K superfan when you have Mike's books. Have you checked out In The Peanut Gallery With MST3K? It's an awesome book, mostly academic essays; some of the stuff gets redundant, but if you're a fan I highly recommend it. I bought the Kindle version, and then instantly "returned" it (you can do that!) for a refund, but kept it on my device.

Sorry to derail. HDTGM needs to do another Seagal movie, the Glimmer Man episode was great fun. I still think On Deadly Ground is the best choice, in my opinion.

• Like 1

Ahhh... you know you're a MST3K superfan when you have Mike's books. Have you checked out In The Peanut Gallery With MST3K? It's an awesome book, mostly academic essays; some of the stuff gets redundant, but if you're a fan I highly recommend it. I bought the Kindle version, and then instantly "returned" it (you can do that!) for a refund, but kept it on my device.

Yeah (although I haven't bought "Death Rat!" yet). I've never heard of that book, though; it's now on my Wish List.

John Leguizamo tells a story about Seagal attacking him on the set of this movie. Supposedly he laughed at something ridiculous Seagal said and in turn Seagal elbowed him in the stomach and threw him against a wall. Then when Leguizamo started telling the story in his standup, Seagal threatened to sue him.

• Like 1

this is a good interview, thanks IHugKittens for posting this here. btw full interview can be found

. not sure if it works outside of canada.

I have to honestly think Russell did this movie solely so he could get free flying lessons. Plus it may be one of the most ingenious marketing campaigns in movie history outside of the original Scream. You take one of the biggest actions stars at the time in Seagal and team him with a solid actor/action star in Russell, market the whole film as being a Seagal vehicle, and then kill him within the first 30 minutes in a great bait and switch.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this