🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
TessWhite

Identity

5 words:

Whores don't get 2nd chances.

62% on RT. A pretty good movie with pretty crazy moments

Divided. I love this movie. Love it love it love it. Acting is wonderful, the movie's setup twist is amazing, I love it. However, I hated Rebecca De Mornay being the first kill (I really wanted her to be the murderer somehow) and the final twist is just STUPID. I think is talkable, I just don't know how much WTF can come from it.

And yes, whores like Amanda Peet don't deserve second chances

For me it made sense to have the final twist be what it was if there had been more to it like the killer's mom was a hooker who abused him or something like that. The initial twist was great I felt as there was a bit of a set up if you paid attention and the kills were pretty interesting, especially Jake Busey's.

What I'm wondering is if John Cusack's character was the version of the killer that wanted to reform himself from his previous misdeeds. Cusack even tells the doctor and lawyers when the twist is revealed that he used to be a cop in the LA Rampart division, which may be the most corrupt police squad in history, so maybe his actions at the hotel are the killer trying to make ammends, but Cusack didn't realize that enough to make sure that Amanda Peet was the last person standing.

Love this movie, but, yeah, there are some crazy things in it worth chatting about. Been a while since I last saw it, but I do remember it being very entertaining...

The first thing I thought of when I saw that this movie was posted was "Whores don't get a second chance!" Maybe they should just review that line! :P

Maybe the kid was just an assassin sent by Minute Maid to take out competition in the orange juice market.

Oh my god I hate this movie. Please tear it apart. It isn't so much wtf as it is just stupid and annoying

I have to say, I really enjoyed this movie. But I'm a sucker for a road-trip-gone-wrong or isolated-hotel type of movies so this one was right up my alley. Plus I really liked the cast and the twist.

I need to watch this one again - it's been a while. But it's part of my collection at home so that's easy to remedy!

It's flawed and crazy, but I'm not quite sure it fits with HDTGM. Though if it does appear, I would enjoy listening to it.

I am in a loop with this movie and Encore Avenue a cable channel we get here in canada. this movie keeps showing up on the listings and I keep clicking record it and I'll try and watch it every now and again and I'll never really get to the ending. it is worth my time to watch this movie all the way to the ending or is my built in crap detector working fine. I think i keep recording it because I like John Cusack but he keeps making bad low budget movies. and I'll forgot this fact and i set the PVR to record his movies. Ray Liotta is another one o these type's of actors who signs up for anything. I didn't think Ray Liotta movies are all that bad tell i watched "In the Name of the king" so I am sorta cured of him now. I know to keep my guard up and not watch every movie he's in. I guess I got to add John Cusack to the don't trust list, it's a trap list as I call it.

so far my don't trust list is made up of, Ray Liotta, Ron Perlman, Christian Slater. but those are of the top of my brain. these are all actors who will sign up for anything but birthday party's and dinner theater. Your acting career is over once you cross that line of dinner theater, Jamie Farr was doing that for a long time.

I liked this up until the first twist, which I could kind of accept, but then it gets worse with the 2nd twist. Why should I care that Imaginary Amanda Peet gets killed by Imaginary Psycho Child in Imaginary Florida? There are just no stakes to that scene, because at that point we already know Amanda Peet isn't real. Until that point, it's a pretty decent And Then There Were None remake.

The only reason to care I guess would be to know that the serial killer gamed the system and that it is the only personality left. Though if that was the case she didn't need to have a farm in Florida to go to since she wasn't real. It would have made more sense for it to remain at the hotel and once Cusack was dead it stops raining gets sunny and gives the fake symbolism that everything is done and alright. Then once they are in the van we see the full ending when the kid comes up behind her and kills her.

Okay, that entire sequence where she is driving home to the Orange Farm in Florida did actually make me laugh. But again, the ending really just wasn't doing anything for me. I'd much rather have just a well though out, cool and interesting twist in the middle rather than a shoehorned shocker twist at the end.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this