🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 67 — Sharknado

ATTENTION: There was a film that came on Syfy channel that was so important that we had to disrupt our regularly scheduled programming in order to present to you a very special episode of How Did This Get Made? about Sharknado. Most Valuable Podcaster, Scott Aukerman returns to help us figure out the importance of the ship captain opening scene, if a sharknado is scientifically possible, how Tara Reid become a part of this, and where the government was throughout the movie. Plus, June delivers an amazing performance of Nova’s monologue about the origin of her scar. Chomp. Chomp. Chomp.

• Like 1

Episode's not even up yet, and I want to comment on it! I'm so excited to hear about this my brain is having an orgasm. And Scott-a-bot's there too? DOUBLE HOORAY!

Don't know if I can finish the episode. Gotta find a way to see this! In the meantime, I found this.

ku-xlarge.jpg

• Like 20

i think scott's right about the "sharknado" having water in it because if a cyclone is form over water it will be made up partly of evaporated water.

Woah, a b-b-b-b-bonus-s-s-s-s episode of HDTGM? And the film is Sharknado? And the guest is the Chocktaw? Sign me up!

• Like 2

Saw this get posted on a torrent site and in the back of my mind I imagined you guys doing a podcast about it, then suddenly when I check there is one. Epic.

This was amazing! Caught Sharknado on onDemand and then came back here to listen to this. So fun!

I agree with the group that it seemed like Nova and Fin were supposed to get together. I also find it really weird that the first actor billed in the opening credits is Tara Reid, when the actual star gets an "And Ian Ziering" at the end of it, like he's a special guest.

Anyway...I would LOVE sequels to this movie (especially if the HDTGM crew and Fought Sharkerman make an appearance). I want Ian Ziering to become the John McClane of ludicrous SyFy Channel movies.

Sorry for rambling.

Are we analyzing sharks a type of fish and sharknados a type of tornado? with THEE scott choctaw aukerman? fuck yes this shall be my favorite

My favorite part of this episode, which nobody called attention to was when Paul said the words "at least in birdemic" not a series of words I ever thought I'd hear.

• Like 6

If a theater group decided to do a staged reading of the movie script for Sharknado, would there be a lot of legal hurdles?

• Like 1

I can't wait until a movie is described as "X meets Sharknado" ie "It's like Spring Breakers meets Sharknado" or "It's After Earth meets Sharknado"

• Like 4

Driving Miss Daisey meets Sharknado

Driving Miss Daisey meets Sharknado

Klanado

• Like 1

New No-No! If I bleed the most blood you've ever seen, you have to drive me to the Emergency Room!

• Like 11

Every time June goes on a long involved explanation of something and I can hear giggling in the background, I wish so much that you guys posted video of the podcast to youtube so I could see the hand gestures June is using that apparently adds so much to the words!

• Like 1

I can't wait until a movie is described as "X meets Sharknado" ie "It's like Spring Breakers meets Sharknado" or "It's After Earth meets Sharknado"

Little Women meets Sharknado.

• Like 1

Little Women meets Sharknado.

How awesome would this be? "Run, sisters, run! Christopher Columbus, this is such a mess! OH, PILGRIM'S PROGRESS, MY ASS, JUST RUNNNNNNNN!!!!"

• Like 1

I tried so hard to save this episode until I find a chance to watch Sharknado... I lasted all of 30 minutes.

Best Tuesday surprise evar.

• Like 3

Kazaam meets Sharknado: Shaqnado

• Like 6

I tried so hard to save this episode until I find a chance to watch Sharknado... I lasted all of 30 minutes.

Best Tuesday surprise evar.

So Ian Ziering and the director of Sharknado were on Adam Carolla's podcast today and said that SyFy is re-airing it on Thursday.

I have a few problems with Nova that I hope everyone else picked up on.

In the beginning of the movie, it's established that Nova is a name she chose, something to escape her past. When I saw this, I felt like it was a setup for "Oh I killed someone in the past" or "Oh I did something I'm not proud of in the past." Like the name change just seemed like a setup for something that she did wrong in her past. But then she tells Matt that that thing in her past was her grandpa and others getting eaten by sharks. Why did she feel the need to completely change her identity just because something bad happened to her grandpa that was completely out of her control? She also hates talking about the shark bite scar on her leg, yet does nothing at all to try and hide it by wearing short shorts.

Also I think my favorite thing of the entire episode was June's From what I know about tornadoes...