🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 67 — Sharknado

"If the sequel came out tomorrow, people would see it. I don't know about the day after tomorrow..."

Well, there you go! "The Day After Tomorrow" meets "Sharknado". It's literally "Sharknado" times a million billion. After the beating "White House Down" has been taking, Roland Emmerich might be up for it!

Potential sequel for Sharknado....Bearicane

I suggest Whalewind before, which I think has better crossover potential, because Sharnadoes and Whalewinds are natural enemies, but I'd TOTALLY be down for "Sharknado vs. Bearicane vs. Whalewind" somewhere down the line.

"Sharknado" was definitely made in the vein of early Peter Jackson or Sam Raimi, at least in the sense that no one wanted to give THEM any money either.

Oh, holy shit, I almost forgot, but did anyone notice in the driving around scenes that that the wheels of the car were really bad CG? Like they were doing those almost ground-level shots from behind the tire and the whole thing looked like something out of a PS1 game. Also, magical disappearing/reappearing water...

"Sharknado" was definitely made in the vein of early Peter Jackson or Sam Raimi, at least in the sense that no one wanted to give THEM any money either.

Oh, holy shit, I almost forgot, but did anyone notice in the driving around scenes that that the wheels of the car were really bad CG? Like they were doing those almost ground-level shots from behind the tire and the whole thing looked like something out of a PS1 game. Also, magical disappearing/reappearing water...

Did you notice when people and sharks fell, they got very, very small. As if they were falling a thousand feet...

Don't know if I can finish the episode. Gotta find a way to see this! In the meantime, I found this.

ku-xlarge.jpg

Someone absolutely NEEDS TO MAKE THIS!!!!!

• Like 1

Oh - BTW? The HDTGM crew should totally start a HDTGM Film Production company to do original low budget movies on weekends. Consider it; friends get together for a BBQ, write a script then shoot on Saturday and Sunday. How sweet would it be?

They announced a sequel today.

oh cool great this will probably work about as well as Snakes On A Plane, Again and The Room: The Room 2 did

Thunder Levin really hates Los Angelenos.

"Angelenos are in mourning" now that it's been announced that Sharknado 2 will be set in New York.

New No-No! If I bleed the most blood you've ever seen, you have to drive me to the Emergency Room!

Also:

Jason: "Can Paul Rust play the piano?"

Soccermom: "Could he before?"

Incognito Troy McClure quote! That is why we all love Scott.

• Like 1

I am writng my fan fiction version of this story, I invite anyone to add to it.

Nicolas Cage is in new Orleans during a flood and is sucked up by a on going hurricane. this happens in the first five mins of the movie. btw this happen because Nick's character in the film. pissed off a voodoo priestess at a local bourbon street shop because Nick didn't show respect to the local voodoo shop owner. anyway, nick piss's off the voodoo priestess and ends up getting attacked by a hurricane and his soul is sucked into the hurricane and so now being apart of the hurricane he wishes revenue on the voodoo priestess. who by the end of the movie figures out that the only real way to stop the storm is by using a local honey farmer's bee's to suck out the evil nick cage out of the hurricane and saving the town.

boy that would be a good movie or not. it's just a outline.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N3Uk8Y5km8

• Like 1

Well yes, NICOLAS CAGE needs to make this!

I honestly feel like he's already calling his agent to make it happen.

Nicolas Cage is in new Orleans during a flood and is sucked up by a on going hurricane. this happens in the first five mins of the movie. btw this happen because Nick's character in the film. pissed off a voodoo priestess at a local bourbon street shop because Nick didn't show respect to the local voodoo shop owner. anyway, nick piss's off the voodoo priestess and ends up getting attacked by a hurricane and his soul is sucked into the hurricane and so now being apart of the hurricane he wishes revenue on the voodoo priestess. who by the end of the movie figures out that the only real way to stop the storm is by using a local honey farmer's bee's to suck out the evil nick cage out of the hurricane and saving the town.

boy that would be a good movie or not. it's just a outline.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N3Uk8Y5km8

One thing missing: As the Cagenado, he still has to find the Declaration of Independence!

• Like 1

Nicolas Cage is in new Orleans during a flood and is sucked up by a on going hurricane.

Sorta like Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans meets Sharknado?

Good idea! Originally he is in New Orleans to see the Declaration of Independence as it's on a one time display to the public. like that would ever happen and maybe at one point in the movie he reads the Declaration of Independence out loud, Wouldn't that be great.

You know pepperjack That's the funny part about Nicolas Cage, he's been in more then one movie in New Orleans but that's a good call. he seem's to think he's a southern man yet he's clearly from California. "Stolen" was in new orleans and "Zandalee" that reminds me he's doing another National Treasure 3 movie.. I woudn't bet there are other films he's done in the big easy.

it just hit me, how come none of the National Treasure movies have not yet been done?

• Like 1

Sorta like Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans meets Sharknado?

Cracknado

"We rented this car wash, we need to get through 40 pages of dialogue, let's do it."

"In a world where street racing was legal... they just wanted to drive the speed limit."

"Hey Scott? Hey Scott? We didn't make this movie."

"...that's why I really hate sharks."

"Do you think the tornado wanted to accumulate money and sharks to become powerful?"

---

Watched this last night -- it is indeed next level

ers. Everyone needs to see this. Torrents are moving pretty fast right now, so get on it. One thing I have to mention is the fucking bombs they make to somehow stop the three(!) sharknados are made out of a road flare, a smoke detector, and a tiny propane tank like the size you'd use for a camping grill, all taped together with what I think was gaffer tape.

Also -- do liquor stores in Los Angeles stock toiletries and stuff? Is that actually a thing or just this movie?

I really really really wish there were video versions of this show sometimes, especially for episodes like this -- I really wanted to see June's monologue and ten-gallon hat.

ALSO! June and Paul's explanation of their greeting at the intro was amazeballs. I give it five stars.

See, I live in Japan and Family is like one of the largest convenience stores in the country. [...] Are there Family Mart convenience stores in America? If there are, is there just like one or two which makes it an iconic location or something? Or was this some sort of nod to Japanese funding? Maybe somebody here can let me know.

Last time we visited some family in LA, we drove through the "Little Japan"(?) part of the city and there was a Family Mart there. Typical conveni but they stock some Japanese snacks and such. I grabbed some Umeboshi candy. Not sure why it randomly appeared in this movie.

• Like 2

The sequel needs to be the Sharknado vs. Chev Chelios.

And before anyone balks, Statham has worked with Uwe fucking Boll. Syfy just needs to throw in a few more bucks to make this dream a reality!!