🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 67 — Sharknado

I am writng my fan fiction version of this story, I invite anyone to add to it.

Nicolas Cage is in new Orleans during a flood and is sucked up by a on going hurricane. this happens in the first five mins of the movie. btw this happen because Nick's character in the film. pissed off a voodoo priestess at a local bourbon street shop because Nick didn't show respect to the local voodoo shop owner. anyway, nick piss's off the voodoo priestess and ends up getting attacked by a hurricane and his soul is sucked into the hurricane and so now being apart of the hurricane he wishes revenue on the voodoo priestess. who by the end of the movie figures out that the only real way to stop the storm is by using a local honey farmer's bee's to suck out the evil nick cage out of the hurricane and saving the town.

boy that would be a good movie or not. it's just a outline.

Holy shit, guys, how has no one said "HurriCage"? If our hypothetical sequel/spin-off/whatever is going to take place in New Orleans, it only makes COMPLETE SENSE! Nothing else does, but that title would be oh so right!

• Like 2

b74q.jpg

Brilliant! And of course the HurriCage can only be defeated by an Expendables-like team of virtuous, heroic Cages, like "National Treasure" Cage, Cameron Poe from "Con Air" Cage, "Croods" Cage, and Tim Burton's "Superman" Cage! To paraphrase another HDTGM favorite, to catch a Cage, you need a Cage. And holy FUCK that's perfect, because a cage is an actual thing you'd catch things in!

• Like 3

I am glad you enjoyed that, PlanBFromOuterSpace. because thats the limits of my photoshop skills.

They announced a sequel today.

Not only will there be a sequel, but apparently you can tweet title suggestions to @syfymovies. If I was on Twitter, I would suggest "Sharknado Beyond Thunder Levin".

• Like 1

Brilliant! And of course the HurriCage can only be defeated by an Expendables-like team of virtuous, heroic Cages, like "National Treasure" Cage, Cameron Poe from "Con Air" Cage, "Croods" Cage, and Tim Burton's "Superman" Cage! To paraphrase another HDTGM favorite, to catch a Cage, you need a Cage. And holy FUCK that's perfect, because a cage is an actual thing you'd catch things in!

Okay - this may be the synopsis for the most batshit crazy, most meta mind blowing, most exceptional movie ever! It's so insane, it would pretty much be guaranteed amazing!!!!

Okay - this may be the synopsis for the most batshit crazy, most meta mind blowing, most exceptional movie ever! It's so insane, it would pretty much be guaranteed amazing!!!!

do it like a Eddie Murphy movie "Norbit". but with nick cage playing all the parts. How entertaining would that be.

• Like 2

Holy shit, guys, how has no one said "HurriCage"? If our hypothetical sequel/spin-off/whatever is going to take place in New Orleans, it only makes COMPLETE SENSE! Nothing else does, but that title would be oh so right!

How Did This Get Made Episode 93 - "Hurricage: Port of Call - New Orleans" with special guest, director Werner Herzog

Oh man, I'm a fan of listening to podcasts of my favourite radio shows of my native country of England (living way out east now) and they have been going on about this film all week, sadly they can't see it until August.

No idea if I will ever be able to see it. But even if I can't, I'd love to hear it discussed.

"Hey Scott? Hey Scott? We didn't make this movie."

This was a great moment. Scott getting so mad and Jason calming him down. Not sure if this has been posted yet, but i09 has a short interview with the "Thunder":http://io9.com/we-asked-the-writer-of-sharknado-some-very-serious-ques-736131336

And I totally agree with Lukas

I want to hear more June. I think you guys should do an episode that is either her in the lead for the thing, or give her a stand alone one where she talks about her theories on some of these movies. I think she sometimes (don't kill me) gets a bit bullied during episodes. I don't think it is intentional, just the strong personalities of Jason and Paul. So yeah, love the show and this episode, but I demand more June!

To me the best part of this show is the "movie" that June watches, the "movie" that Jason watches and how they come together on the show and explain what they saw and got out of these craptacular works. It would be more work, but I think it would be fun to have June and Jason do separate independent short summaries that they record and then listen to and discuss it together on the show. Because each one of them comes up with completely bonkers layers and sometimes these lines of thought get stomped out or shouted over when all three come together.

Goddamn I love this show and the fans

• Like 1

The sequel needs to be the Sharknado vs. Chev Chelios.

CRANKNADO

Synopsis:

Chev Chelios now has to keep his heart beating at an extreme rate, by doing 360s on a crotchrocket (wheely-style) while simultaneously punching bad guys that for some reason keep getting closer and closer to his fists of fury.

Boom! Make it happen!

• Like 1

do it like a Eddie Murphy movie "Norbit". but with nick cage playing all the parts. How entertaining would that be.

I honestly love it! And if I were in any way connected to Hollywood, I'd pitch it too!

"Hey Scott? Hey Scott? We didn't make this movie."

This was a great moment. Scott getting so mad and Jason calming him down. Not sure if this has been posted yet, but i09 has a short interview with the "Thunder":http://io9.com/we-as...-ques-736131336

And I totally agree with Lukas

To me the best part of this show is the "movie" that June watches, the "movie" that Jason watches and how they come together on the show and explain what they saw and got out of these craptacular works. It would be more work, but I think it would be fun to have June and Jason do separate independent short summaries that they record and then listen to and discuss it together on the show. Because each one of them comes up with completely bonkers layers and sometimes these lines of thought get stomped out or shouted over when all three come together.

Goddamn I love this show and the fans

I really think it's June that sets this show apart. Jason and Paul are AMAZING but we have a lot of podcasts, shows, etc...that mock movies. To me, having someone as earnest as June, who seems to work really hard to find beauty and joy in these things, is what is special. It's so easy to be critical of any art now, so much so that it has turned into a genre, but HDTGM (with a big hand from June) seems to work pretty hard at balancing that while finding fun in all of it. I really dig that.

• Like 3

A friend of mine works at the Writers Guild. He emailed the producers of SHARKNADO for a copy of the script. They complied almost instantly. The SHARKNADO screenplay is now part of the WGA library.

945738_648155948880_1161706222_n.jpg

• Like 3

9 minutes into Sharknado and

I wanted to die. You people are amazing, the things you put yourselves through in the interest of entertainment. If I was a member of The Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, you'd be shoe-ins for a nobel. Gods peed to you.

• Like 2

A friend of mine works at the Writers Guild. He emailed the producers of SHARKNADO for a copy of the script. They complied almost instantly. The SHARKNADO screenplay is now part of the WGA library.

wow someone got paid to write that shit! holy crap. SHARKNADO was a long movie to watch, had to hit the fast forward button a lot, I may need a new remote.

[...]having someone as earnest as June, who seems to work really hard to find beauty and joy in these things, is what is special. It's so easy to be critical of any art now, so much so that it has turned into a genre, but HDTGM (with a big hand from June) seems to work pretty hard at balancing that while finding fun in all of it. I really dig that.

Cosigning this statement. Emphasis added because, duh.

• Like 1

I really think it's June that sets this show apart. Jason and Paul are AMAZING but we have a lot of podcasts, shows, etc...that mock movies. To me, having someone as earnest as June, who seems to work really hard to find beauty and joy in these things, is what is special. It's so easy to be critical of any art now, so much so that it has turned into a genre, but HDTGM (with a big hand from June) seems to work pretty hard at balancing that while finding fun in all of it. I really dig that.

Art?

Art?

If you don't think Sharknado was a true work of art that will define our generations then I have no words for you, good sir.

• Like 2

Did anyone else notice, the establishing shot of the bridge he will repel off to save the kids, just after the ad break, all the traffic behind is IN REVERSE!!! HAHAHA!!! I couldnt believe it, they actually have cars in reverse speeding over the bridge. Its only a second or so long but oh dear! Maybe they had to flip the shot but even so, AWFUL haha!

• Like 1

So many things to talk about in this movie.

- First I want to mention one of the craziest things in this movie. When Finn's son is in the closet with his other pilot school buddies someone in Finn's crew mentions the sharks. The son then exclaims "sharks?!!!". Meaning they did not know about the sharks and decided to hide in that closet long before news of the sharks broke out. How long were they hiding in that closet? Why didn't they check the news at all? Upon first hearing about the storm did they all just decide "let's hide in this closet" and never had any plans to leave it?

- Another scene I love is the scene where Tara yells into her iPhone "call son". Again there in a crisis and instead of just calling the son she's trying to use the voice control (which we all know doesn't work that well). And she does it (as she does everything in this movie) in the laziest manner ever. She just can't be bothered looking up her son in her contacts.

- I also love the reason they don't tell Finn anything is cause Tara's boyfriend told them he doesn't need to know that stuff anymore. They'll listen to the mom's random boyfriend more then there own father. And to top it off there is just no explanation for why they distrust their father so much.

- I want to mention the store that they visit. In normal apocalypse movies the store is completely looted and the protagonist crew has to search through the store for any supplies that are left. In this movie the store was completely organized. In this crisis no one decide to get supplies from the store. The store owner is just happily running his store (and I bet he's the real store owner who let them use the store in order to be in the movie). And on top of that Finn's crew is acting like they do in those apocalypse movies. Carefully searching the store for supplies as if their not obviously in front of them.

-Does anyone remember how Finn's son got his scar? Answer he fell... off a slide. God knows how he got such a big scar from a slide.

-Finally I love how in the beginning of the movie after Finn's store gets attacked by sharks everyone keeps mentioning how much it raining. No one really mentions the crazy shark attacks. And then to prove to the audience that it is indeed raining a lot they do like 5mins of b-roll of the rain.

• Like 1

From a certain angle, Fin's daughter looked like baby Kiera Knightly.

This movie is bananas, B-A-N-A-N-A-S

GET IN MY TUM-TUM!

​chomp​chomp​chomp​chomp​chomp​chomp​chomp​chomp​chomp​chomp​chomp​chomp​chomp​chomp​...

Sharknado the sequel is going to take place in New York City, btw.

I would posit that the writer of this movie, Mr. Thunder (that's his real name) Levin, is an avid fan of HDTGM and wrote this movie with the sole purpose of creating a scenario for the greatest ever HDTGM episode.