๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
JulyDiaz

Episode 67 โ€” Sharknado

Did anyone watch this as a sequel to Home Alone? Mr. McCallister is a broken man. Mrs. McCallister left him for a younger man, none of his kids will talk to him except for Kevin, who lives in the guest house. Kevin has been unable to move on with his life, haunted by his demons of being hunted by two creepy burglars and having had to fend for himself, not once, but twice. One day while Mr. McCallister is drinking at his favorite bar, far away from his house a shark hurricane hits, leaving Kevin stranded at home to fend for himself.

ย 

But this time instead of Joe Pesci and Daniel Stern its a bunch of sharks that are trying to get in the house to chomp-a chomp-a on his ass.

• Like 1

Would that be a mechanical tornado full or sharks, or a tornado full of mechanical sharks? OR A MECHANICAL TORNADO FULL OF MECHANICAL SHARKS?!

ย 

Or did a Sharknado hit a Metal Tornado?

ย 

• Like 1

Oh shit!

ย 

(By the way, I hope that metal tornado isn't an American citizen, or President Barack Hussein Obamacare is going to have some serious explaining to do.)

• Like 1

Finally got around to Sharknado. Man, it's horrible. Not sure if I can make it through.

ย 

Picture: Nemo from the 'living room shark got my mom's boyfriend pretty good' scene.

nemo.jpg

Okay, I finally saw it, and you guys have successfully covered everything, let me just add my point.

ย 

Was I the only one who hated Nova? I found her character (who I considered a baby Sasha Alexander) so unlikable and found it so difficult to get behind her as a love interest, only to have her get with his son?!? She was a real problem for me

ย 

Also, I have to side with Paul on the idea that they think they are making something great. The entire family storyline was so bizarre and so out of place that I found those the most difficult to get through in this movie, but I also thought "Oh, they put this in because they thought it would give the movie depth"

ย 

Top notch episode, and did anyone else notice that both movies the Den Mother of Comedy has done are water based?

ย 

"You know nothing about tornadoes."

• Like 1

ALSO, I'm obsessed that Aukerman saw Alex Cross, and I'm hoping the next episode is Temptation, because like June, I'm dying to see it.

• Like 1

SEQUEL UPDATE: Syfy announced that Sharknado 2's title shall be...

ย 

[wait for it]

ย 

Sharknado 2: The Second One

ย 

(source)

Ok, so I know I'm late to this one but I watched it last night. Amazing. Also, I started listening to the podcast from the beginning and I'm almost caught up, so, yay, and I'm looking forward to doing this thing live soon. Here are my observations that I don't think anyone else said, or at least not exactly the same way:

1. Hurricanes form in Africa over the Sahara, moving west. The one in this movie must be the Magellan of hurricanes.
  2. Why is this hurricane seemingly targeting a beach bar specifically? (Side note: terrible CGI water physics!)
  3. In this world, water flows uphill into houses that appear to be built to contain it yet eventually fall completely to pieces because of it. Perfect!
  4. The school bus driver says "Someone from 911 is sending someone over"...Really?!
  5. Gas + water in this world is an apparently very combustible mixture.
  6. Helicopter controls are not the same as airplane controls.
  7. Fin's pistol is used like a sniper rifle. And he happens to be a seasoned sniper. One shot, one kill!
  8. Why does the helicopter bomb team get only 3 bombs for 3 tornadoes? You gotta figure they will miss at least once, or, and what's more likely, die horribly while approaching the first tornado.
  9. And, finally, did we just witness, at the end of the movie, a flipping SHARK CESAREAN SECTION performed from the inside?!?!?

Thanks.

1795559_737295806301811_1777208118_o.jpg

ย 

troll-2-oh-my-gooood-o.gif

• Like 1

ย 

"The second one" is cute, but the tagline should really be "CHOMPA CHOMPA CHOMPA".

ย 

troll-2-oh-my-gooood-o.gif

Oh sure, we SEE New York on the poster, but I'm going to guess that we don't get a building taller then like 6 stories and there will be countless geographic anomalies, like canyons and mountains and stuff. This will make "Jason Takes Manhattan" look like "The Muppets Take Manhattan".

• Like 1

So I finally saw the whole thing* with the live Rifftrax, and holy hell there was some damn nonsensical editing in this film. Plus seeing it in the theater just made it much more obvious where they just inserted cgi storms over really old stock footage.

ย 

*usually I just watched the boat part, and only got through to where the barfly was grabbing ass.