🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
RyanSz

Desperate Measures (1998)

Starring Andy Garcia as a cop trying to find a bone marrow donor for his son and Michael Keaton as the sociopath felon who is the donor. Keaton does well as the nutjob killer while Garcia mopes his way through the movie as he can't kill Keaton without destroying the marrow. This movie has so many WTF moments like Garcia stealing a police motorcycle just to literally drive it up and down the street, Garcia talking to his son about if he'd see his dead mom in heaven while Garcia is trying to catch a killer, and Keaton giving away his to-do list in order to escape custody to Garcia, who is too stupid to realize what he is giving a brilliant killer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7kbnZzwGko

Bump for this movie. Andy Garcia in an effort to save his sons life causes the death of probably dozens of people throughout.

This movie has so many WTF moments like ...

My favorite WTF moment was when Michael Keaton was on the phone, scene cuts to people looking for him, then scene cuts back and he's got a shotgun, and waving it around at apparently nobody.

Having now worked in a prison for four years, it's amazing how much is factual while other stuff is such bullshit. Basically Keaton's escape plan could happen where he ingests drugs to counteract anesthesia since inmate have access to Physician Desk Reference books and medication indexes, most just don't know how to use them to the fullest extent. Also, medical drugs are abused in prison and smuggled in as much as street drugs like heroin, to the point we just had a bunch of overdoses from fentanyl at my facility. On the opposite, Garcia would be allowed nowhere near this active crime as he is so personally invested in it. He would have at the least bee sent home as soon as Keaton broke out, and at worst been detained as he was impeding an investigation and manhunt. Keaton would also most likely be killed in the ensuing carnage as the danger of what he would do while free and the immediate threat he is to civilians and officers would outweigh the need of one person.

• Like 1

It just dawned on me: how in the fn holy hell haven’t they done this one yet? Lmao. I remembered how fn cheesy it was and looked when it came out. Wonder how it held up lmao 😂 

Back in 98 when this came out a friend of mine made me go see it with them..... I had forgotten all about it till now

and now all I can think about is,is this film as WTAF as I remember it being

Aside from The Godfather part III and Ocean's 11 this is by far the best Andy Garcia film ever made.  So yeah, let's take a journey on this together.

On 5/2/2020 at 9:44 AM, Funkdog78 said:

Aside from The Godfather part III and Ocean's 11 this is by far the best Andy Garcia film ever made.  So yeah, let's take a journey on this together.

Oh yeah you could really see he was trying to make this a breakout role to show himself as an action star as well as a serious dramatic actor, and fumbled on both counts.

Sign in to follow this