🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Jachin

Comedy Bang Bang Season 2 Thread

So I didn't see a thread for the TV show, which is crazy!

Season 2 is shaping up to be fantastic. I thought this weeks episode, the Aziz Ansari one, was one of the best yet. Lots of great stuff including Fabrice Fabrice and Kulap making out with another man right in front of Scott!

Discuss!

Agreed, this episode was TOO GOOD.

It was also great to see Aziz on the verge of cracking up at Fabrice Fabrice believing the Baltimore Ravens are entirely comprised of Raven Symones.

tumblr_mq7ztzO9yI1rc7i0qo1_500.png
  • Like 6

Amazing episode. Soap or dope, Fabrice Fabrice, Christopher Meloni, various other insane happenings. In other words... it was right up my alley.

• Like 3

Just in the first segment of tonight's episode, we got a "Gilly!" "Sorry." and a reference to a life-threatening egg allergy on an episode which features Jason Mantzoukas. Amazing.

• Like 1

Did anyone notice that Jason's character was called "Emeril Luigi" in the opening credits, and "Emeril Lugosi" (which makes a lot more sense) later?

Did anyone notice that Jason's character was called "Emeril Luigi" in the opening credits, and "Emeril Lugosi" (which makes a lot more sense) later?

I sure hope someone got fired for that blunder.

• Like 1

This whole season has just been unbelievably genius.

Also, tonight's "Gilly" reference was perfect.

Possibly my favourite character is Emeril Legosi. I love that in concept he's completely outrageous, but Jason plays him as a straight man. And my favourite sketch of the year is probably "Soap or Dope" (which has a tag where it says it's from Tsk Tsk Attaboy LTD.)

The make-up sketch from this week's episode might have been my favorite of the season.

My favorite recurring character from this season is without a doubt that poster that says "Heavy Metal Music".

• Like 4

and don dimello bringing out the girls

Yeah, that's the one I was referring to.

All the ladder jokes killed me in episode 8 (great one all around, though) but I just about died when the crew guy asked the ladder to choose between him or the lady ladder. His response of "Oh, so I guess you chose the latter, huh?" was just incredible writing.

Also "We're going to add this in post, right?"

• Like 1

Oh, man! The Pee-Wee/Halloween episode was so good! I was smiling like a goofball the whole time.

Thank goodness the show got a third season. It's the cat's meow.

P.S. Scott's 'pretty woman' impression: transcendent.

I think many comedy nerds heads must have exploded during the sword fight between Buster Bluth and Dean Pelton.

• Like 2

I think Scott and Neil mentioned this in either the promo episode of the CBB podcast or on the Writers Panel podcast, but the improvement from season 1 to season 2 is incredible. I loved season 1, but I've been blown away by every episode this season.

• Like 2

Yeah, this has been a very strong season with some interesting guests. Scottie Scares 'Em might be my favourite bit.

I'm really liking the way they've played with their B-story arcs. Whether it's bookending the show (like with the dolls, or the madhouse in the season premier) or the zany ongoing stories (the vampire, or Tim Meadow's narration, Cop Swap, etc) they have done some amazing and creative things. I loved Season One but Season Two makes it look like a pile of garbage being fought over by hobos in the alleyway outside of the old Franklin Ave studio. Can't wait for season three!

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this