🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Brett Arnold

Episode 138 — Cosplay Jaywalking

Lock the gates! Marc Maron, the forefather of podcasting, stops by the studio to chat with Howard & Kulap on this week's WHO CHARTED! Howard explains his motivation for attending Comic-Con in San Diego this past weekend, which leads to a hilarious discussion with Marc and Kulap on all things comics, cosplay and prostitution. Marc talks about his musical prowess before Kulap counts down the top 5 songs on the Billboard France chart, which segues into Marc's musings on French culture. Before getting to the movie chart, Marc and Howard discuss their opinion on where films go wrong, and Marc reveals that he auditioned for the lead role in the Coen Brothers' A SERIOUS MAN. After that, we get to know Marc even better the best way we know how — through Hermes, our trusty Chart Goose!

I love hearing Marc on podcasts with more positive minded hosts. Changes his energy.

Also, I heard the Howard Kremer WTF a few months ago, and while it wasn't one of the absolute best WTFs (most of the really early ones don't compare to what came later) I was absolutely tickled by how much Marc seemed to like Howard's company. I was expecting it to be one of those episodes where Marc is a bit prickly...

”A few decades from now I'll be dead for billions and billions of years. So, there you go...”

Howard, you're a national treasure.

• Like 13

I haven't listened yet, but my mind is already blown at the thought of Marc & Howard & Ku-Ku being in the same room together.

• Like 1

Looking at the pictures -- I really admire Howard's dedication and commitment to his summahrai top-knot.

• Like 1

I gotta say, I was pleasantly surprised with Marc this episode. I admit I haven't heard a lot of him, but every time I've heard him he has been doing his pissed off at the world gimmick. It was nice to hear him be friendly, and supportive of Howard. Great episode!

I gotta say, I was pleasantly surprised with Marc this episode. I admit I haven't heard a lot of him, but every time I've heard him he has been doing his pissed off at the world gimmick. It was nice to hear him be friendly, and supportive of Howard. Great episode!

I don't think it's a gimmick so much as that's just the way he is. He's kind of a miserable guy but his recent success has definitely softened his hard edges. Not to mention like what PuncturedJesus said, when you're around positive people like Howard and Kulap you can't help but be in a better mood.

i LIKE HOW MARON COAXES HERMES' EGGS!

my mind was fully blown, and just when I thought I had enough and there was no possible way it could ever get blown again. It got blown ten more times twice as much. Great mind blowing job!

Okay, seeing as how Blurred Lines has been in constant rotation for weeks on Whooch now, I feel it necessary to post this amazing gender reversal of the video (NSFW? Sexy boys abound).

• Like 1

Hey! I was a "Ninja Turtles Chick" once!

2ykb7u9.jpg

Marc was a lovely guest. I'll admit I haven't listened to WTF in a while and it's good to hear he's doing well. :)

• Like 3

Hey! I was a "Ninja Turtles Chick" once!

2ykb7u9.jpg

Marc was a lovely guest. I'll admit I haven't listened to WTF in a while and it's good to hear he's doing well. :)

Faaaaabulous! I was so crushed out on April as a 7 year old, although I think it was more that I was jealous of her position as TMNT/IRL interface.

And yeah, I checked out Maron's site after this and he's been getting some heavyweight guests lately -- Iggy Pop? Jeez.

I hate meron...he's a piece of shit in my book

Who is this "meron" you speak of and where may I purchase your book?

Who is this "meron" you speak of and where may I purchase your book?

I think he meant "MA-RONE!"

• Like 2

I think he meant "MA-RONE!"

I think he meant "HERON".

Squawk the gates!

• Like 1

I haven't listened yet, but my mind is already blown at the thought of Marc & Howard & Ku-Ku being in the same room together.

He appeared on an earlier episode as well. Another good listen.

I forgot to mention I haven't skipped a single Whooch or Twooch all month. Listened to every single one and LOVED em all. You guys are on fire lately.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this